Oscam For Openvix Guide.

Good evening all.
For my sins i've gone and bought myself a VU+ Ultimo 4k running openvix image, not sure whether that was a good move to be honest - kind of lost my excitement in getting it at the moment.

I FTP'd the attached Oscam config file on the guide to tuxbox folder as per instructions,but heres the strange thing. I can see it in the correct folder etc, so file has been transfered but when I go to the softcam manager on the box theres nothing in it??

Am am being a dimwit? I'm new to this box and right now, soo prefer my trusty A850HD, even my 780 is better!

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi
Have you pressed menu, plugins , green to download plugins , then softcams and then downloaded and installed oscam?

Hi
Have you pressed menu, plugins , green to download plugins , then softcams and then downloaded and installed oscam?

Doh! I have now. Thanks for that. Looks like oscam is installed now.

Could you perhaps give me a pointer as to where and the format in which I need to enter the below line details.

Protocol: newcamd
Host: xxx
.xxxxxx.com
Port: 12345
Username: xxxxx-1234
Pass: 1111111

Thanks again! I very nearly had a very expensive door stop! Looks like you've given my Ultimo a life line!

Hi

Doh! I have now. Thanks for that. Looks like oscam is installed now.

Could you perhaps give me a pointer as to where and the format in which I need to enter the below line details.

Protocol: newcamd
Host: xxx.xxxxxxx.com
Port: 12345
Username: xxxxx-1234
Pass: 1111111

Thanks again!

cool, enter it like this or pm it to me or a trusted regular here and they will put it in the correct format for you.....there;s and example to follow but its like below

[reader]
label = SATTV1
protocol = newcamd
device = xxx.xxxxxxx.com,12345
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = xxxxx-1234
password = 1111111
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1

Be careful and make sure the comma remains between url and port

Lol it was me that double posted not you , didn't think my first one went
Yes you can pm it to me and I will put in correct format for you and send back to you

Just setup oscam on edision mini on cable.got it all working but its glitching on certain channels but perfect on others.tried back on mgcamd 1.38 and the channels are fine.any ideas why this is happening on oscam?

Just setup oscam on edision mini on cable.got it all working but its glitching on certain channels but perfect on others.tried back on mgcamd 1.38 and the channels are fine.any ideas why this is happening on oscam?

Tell us about your Oscam setup?
Which version?

What's your live log saying at the time of glitching?

Which channels are you having trouble with?

Oscam is getting more popular and seems more and more people looking to get it running so I thought I would paste the email I send to people that ask me for instructions with attached config needed to get you going on Vix, the port I use is :9000, standard port is 8888 if people want to use the instructions with other config files.

This is for vix, if your using ATV then there is a separate thread here http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95494-oscam-atv.html

Install oscam ( I recommend r9620 r18 ) on your box via the plugins, softcams option but the latest will be fine

I've attached a zipped config folder for oscam,

Download and unzip the file attached to somewhere easy to remember/access ( I use desktop )

Then using Filezilla or your FTP program of choice, connect to your box and navigate to the ETC folder, then find Tuxbox folder, drag the whole unzipped config folder to the tuxbox folder. Overwrite if prompted.

Once thats done go to your box and bring up softcam manager, I use blue button then softcam manager
Untick and stop any cams ticked to autostart and tick oscam to autostart, MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL RUNNING CAMS, now highlight oscam and select restart/start, it should restart without error if applied ok. It must be restarted to allow access to the webinterface.

When oscam is restarted after applying the config file go to computer and enter your box ip address into the browser bar followed by :9000 that's full colon not semi, so something like 192.168.0.3:9000
press enter or go whatever your browser needs to go to the address.

Oscam web interface should appear.. if it don't appear try rebooting your box..and try again..make sure ip address of box has not changed...this can be found in menu, information, network

Now at the top look for the tab/word Files, click this and then a sub menu will appear, click on oscam.server, in here you will see the examples that I've put in for you, its set up for 2 lines, but you can add more or just run one, edit these with your own details. There's a comma between the server address and port, this must remain, be careful not to delete by accident

Once you've edited it with your details scroll to the bottom of the page and select save, then scroll to the top and select restart tab on top right of page, then on pop up click restart or ok, wait 10 secs and try and see if channels clear.

Sometimes a box reboot is needed.

If using Newcamd readers you will have to turn your box on to a premium channel to instigate a connection, cccam readers will connect without going to premium channel.

On the Oscam web interface status page you will see connected at the right hand side of the screen, if it says unknown then something not right, check the live log tab to see what the error is

Also on the oscam web interface the live log tab will update every 8 secs on sat and every 10 secs on cable with your ECM's if your interested. It will also tell you if something is wrong like incorrect password, what server its using, etc

For an example of how to enter your line, here's an example

CWS = your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

N: your.server.com port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = your.server.com,port

key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username

password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

I hope this helps,

Cheers

Very helpful but still getting to same point the error in the Live Log Tab is:
Loadbalancer: could not open/ tmp /.oscam/stat for reading (errno=2 No Such File or Directory)
Hopefully this means something to you guys?

Very helpful but still getting to same point the error in the Live Log Tab is:
Loadbalancer: could not open/ tmp /.oscam/stat for reading (errno=2 No Such File or Directory)
Hopefully this means something to you guys?

you get that because your lb_save in oscam.conf if set to 0 - which means do not save

set

lb_save = 100

will get rid of the error message

or in global section of oscam.conf

set

lb_mode = 0

to disable load balancer

you get that because your lb_save in oscam.conf if set to 0 - which means do not save

set

lb_save = 100

will get rid of the error message

or in global section of oscam.conf

set

lb_mode = 0

to disable load balancer
Thanks can you point me in the right direction of how to change these?

i have a vu+ solo se v2 cable box with openvix, can you record a channel or multi channels and watch another channel?

I mate of mine has a VU Zero that has Channels with biss and oscam both were decrypting at one point. But he switched the power off (on the mains plug) from the box and left it for a few days then switched the plug back on when he came back. Now the Biss channels are working but the other sly channels are not decrypting. Does anyone have any ideas why this is. Oh and I'm quite new at this so keep any explenations simple please.

Back