1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overwritten files on Mac ios

Discussion in 'General PC Chat' started by henrytd5, Mar 3, 2017.

1. henrytd5

henrytd5 Registered

Hello everyone. Writting this thread on behalf of my wife. Shes in a little sticky situation where she has written a 5000 word essay on our Mac computer and then made some changes at clicked on 'save' instead of 'save as' and overwritten the original file. Loosing around 2100 words :eek:
    We do not have any form of back up running (stupid, i know)
    We have found a couple of things to download and recover the file. One of which.. 'u fly soft' found the file name but now wants a £90 subscription to go any further. Does anyone have any intel on how my wife can recover the original.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

2. BobGrdn918

BobGrdn918 Registered

Male
    Hi there! I hope, by now, your wife was already able to recover her word essay. If not yet, you may want to check this software. You see, a number of scenarios can create a need for installing and using a Mac recovery software. For example, a simple power outage while working on an important file often results in lost information and in your case, a mistake in saving the Word file. Malicious activity, viruses, accidental deletions, unplanned formatting, and several other situations also leave users scrambling for ways how to recover their data.

It is still possible to retrieve files in their original state (as what happened to your wife) regardless of how the files disappeared or became inaccessible. You may want to look at this Mac data recovery utility and take quick action to restore your data. It is a user-friendly utility you can use to accomplish this seemingly daunting task. During the recovery process, you will be able to customize the file formats/types to be found during scanning. Once the files have been found, all you have to do is select the files to be recovered, configure a save location, and the utility does the rest! Best of luck.

3. henrytd5

henrytd5 Registered

Well thank you for your very thorough reply. Wife has recently written the essay now. She also spoke to apple support and they said that it would not be possible to recover the file due to the nature of how she had saved and over written

Thanks very much anyway