Painfully slow wi fi connection acer aspire any help?

hunter1010

TK Supporter
Hello all. Perhaps there is somebody there able to help me.....

Machine is acer aspire 5732 z

Problem is when i first boot it, the wifi takes forever to connect, just get that blue circle for arrox 1 min 15 seconds then it connects to its router, now once its connected its not an issue all is ample speeds the machine performs fine, its just that initail connection time, its approx 2 years old now when we first got it this never happended! Were not using it to download and stuff so dont think it would be a virus, I know there is nothing wrong with the router and so on, as if we bring another laptop to connect it does so it seconds as per normal (and yes treid and tested on two laptops and two blackberry phones) So does anybody know whats going wrong with it????

if i put it into hibinate or sleep it connect rapid just like it should!

thanks in advance to all who help out ;)

Have you installed or changed any settings recently that may have cause this issue to happen?

You could try uninstalling the wireless adapter driver and then re-installing it again.

Use the following link to get the most up-to-date download for your wireless adapter:

Code:
http://support.acer.com/product/Default.aspx

To uninstall the driver, simply go to device manager and find the wireless adapter under network adapters and uninstall it that way (right click).

Before you do any of this it'd be a good idea to backup your current WiFi Adapter Driver by using this program (Double Driver):

Code:
http://www.boozet.org/dl.php?product=dd&mirror=1

Last edited:
Hello again dan-ger-ous

thanks for reply been onto the acer site you suggested problem is there are 8 diffrent wireless lan drivers how do i know which one to choose?

Right click computer

Click on Manage

Click on Device Manager

In the right hand pane, click on the plus sign beside Network Adapters and you should see the WiFi name type there.

thanks for all the help people, did as you suggested, i can comfirm there has been a small improvment however it is not as it was when it came out the box. i will just live with it cheers once again

Back