Panasonic CF-18 wont turn on but power light comes on

kaos_king

Hey guys, I've had a cf-18 in the loft for a couple of years and decided to get it out. It was stored in a box and kept dry so that shouldn't have caused any issues.

I powered it on and all was good for about half an hour, then the screen went funny, the screen I was looking was still there but distorted and fuzzy red was on the majority of the screen. The fuzziness wasnt static though it was bouncing all over the screen. I could see the cursor but it wasnt responding so I assumed it had just crashed.

I force powered it off, and now when I try to turn it on, the power light comes on but nothing on the screen. Also the HDD light doesnt do anything like it usually would when booting the OS so i'm thinking its doing nothing at all. I've removed the battery and held the power button to supposidly drain the remaining power from the motherboard and also removed and reinstalled the HDD but this hasnt fixed anything. Does anyone know what this could be, sounds like something is fried but how do I go about checking what, if it is even that? Thanks in advance.

I've got the same issue with my asus netbook. The screen went fuzzy, now when I turn it on the power light comes on but the hdd light is off.

You could try the hdd in a different laptop??

Mine is a ssd and is soldered onto the main board so, I can't try that.

Thanks

Ah nice to know someone is in the same boat! Well, not so great for you I suppose! I have a spare HDD for it and that makes no difference. I also tried it without a drive at all and normally I'd expect it to complain that it cant find the OS but still the same....nothing happens.

Its hard to do diagnosis without the screen on! :boo:

Yeah i cant even get to the bios. Apart from the power light, literally nothing happens, the screen stays completely black and it does nothing no matter how long its left for.

Can you connect it to an external display to see if anything is happening there? Its one of those problems where you can throw a hundred ideas at it and nothing will work.
Black screen of death!

Okay I connected it to an external monitor and it seems there is no output from it. Seems to do nothing at all :(

Honestly dont know how to fix that one but you could try to replace the battery for the cmos(bios) try it,especially if it was packed away for a long time,very small money,there will be others far more qualified than me to advise you,its also a great trick for bios protected passwords

Back