pc crashed now wont turn on

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
turned pc on checking emails, it then went to start internet and crashed. Have no idea what happened, but it made a funny bibbing sort of noise now wont turn on.

where do i start?

Is it totally dead? Do any of the fans spin when you turn it on or do you get any lights or anything?

at the moment not had time to look but i tried to turn on button nothing happened. no lights on front but cant see back, couldnt hear any fan, so have unplugged from the mains and will have to pull out as where it is its tight and cant see back of pc to check for any lights

How very strange!!! after i left unplugged from mains for a while plugged back in turned on and it was in the black screen asking if i wanted to start windows normally, and all seemed ok, did a crash dump but nothing came up, last entry was in April. But its has now just turned off and is restarting again again with the window start windows normally again.

Last edited:
Well, if it's restarting it's not the Power supply or Mobo so that's a good sign.

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "bibbing sort of noise"?

Normally when Windows gets upset & gives you that screen with the "Start Windows normally" option, It's due to incorrect shutdown causing Windows to be unable to finish its write to the registry correctly or possible a corrupt HDD or data write.

You're not getting the clicking noise from the HDD are you?

Is this the machine your restored recently?

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "bibbing sort of noise"?
well it made a funny sort of noise like a bib bib bib before it crashed.

not getting any noises or anything now ( am using that pc) and its the one i restored a while ago with the win 7 disk, quite a few months ago.
Ive done a MB and AV check and nothing came up. touch wood its been ok since, but then ive not used it only used it when i got the email re this

Windows can often repair itself from a incorrect shutdown when it gives you the option to start normally or in last known good configuration, maybe it has done just that?

Are you saying it's working OK now Linny?

yes seems to be Gman did a windows memory diag tool and that was all ok. Very strange!! Maybe its a bit like me and got a bit of a head cold - all bunged up :(

sounds like a hardware failure linny.when my video card acted up mine would just shut down and no restart.i would turn the main power button in the back off and hold the start button down for ten seconds,release and turn power on at the back.push the start button and away it went.it would run fine till the next time my video card had a brain fart and same thing all over again. i ended up removing the video card and disassembling it completely and regreasing the chip and heat sink assy. cleaned the dust and fluff from the heatsink and fan and its been good ever since.

well Aldan its been ok so far today. If something like that goes then dont know if id tamper with it, so lets hope its nothing like that!

well it made a funny sort of noise like a bib bib bib before it crashed.

You sure it wasn't a BEEP BEEP BEEP noise Linny, because that one can be very serious you know LOL

Glad you are sorted for now pal(y)

mmmm have discovered a problem for some reason now my itunes will not work :( tried to reinstall but says something about windows installeritunes.jpg
says contact your support personnel........... so im here!!

also for some reason tells me ive no connection to net and restore does not work :(

Last edited:
Sorted! seemed to have same problem i had before it would not restore.went back to previous threads, tried windows disc repair then it let me restore and now back to normal. So what ever it did it took out windows installer.
But again all seems ok now

Back