phoenix hd a850 setup.

Just purchased The phoenix hd a850, from TOTSAT it was priced at £250, best to buy from a good supplier than from ebay people.

Now the firmware that's the question, it seems a quest for indiana jones to try and find this, It is hard. If any help comrades. That would be great.

Check your messages !

New release for this box available via remote control, still not sorted major issue with ss4 and need for attenuator etc but should be a more stable service.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Picked up the new hd850 but having trouble finding firmware update software.
Got the box from topsat so do I have to go back to them to get firmware or can someone point me in the right direction please :)

emeraldpride how right you are!!! I have been trying all day to track the firmware down, did you have any luck? even the suppliers of the HD A850 (dc receivers) don't seem to want to/cant do, - help.

If you were successful could you point me in the right direction???

Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

Hi BoxT, I have the same problem as emeralpride (and others), got my HD A850 and pulling my hair out trying to source the files needed, is this something you could help me out with????

many thanks in anticipation!!!!!!

Firmware for this box is not allowed to be posted online so unlikely that you will therefore find a download for it or a genuine one anyway. Really should be speaking to supplier and once they provide recent version subsequent updates should be able to be done online via remote control. Also on another note the issue with glitching on these boxes on ss4 etc I am led to believe have been identified and am sure there will be more to come from your suppliers in coming weeks on this matter.

FYI, what I did wrong.

I use my pen drive (formatted NTFS, for films via my media player). Being lazy I tried to the flash the box using a micro sd card in a USB adapter. As you know the box recognised the file but would not flash. I reformatted the pen drive then used that. ONLY USE A USB PEN DRIVE.

Second, when I navigated to internet update (using the remote) I was then pressing OK, this froze the box. The only way it did the update was to navigate to internet update then press the right arrow on the remote, this then did the update. DONT PRESS OK!!!!!

Thanks again for your patience both to you and TopGun, there is no way I would have managed this without your invaluable knowledge.

Just got to mess around with attenuators now!!!!!

Just got to mess around with attenuators now!!!!!

The requirement to use an attenuator should be fixed in a few weeks the issue has been identified as a hardware fault on the pcb board and my recommendation would be to hold off on buying attenuators and having to adjust when switching between some channels etc and wait for news on the new boards or info on how to fix existing board is released. I would expect a lot more details will be available on this before the month is out.

I have only just got my A850 up and running and am not impressed, picture freezing/glitching is terrible on every channel, the variable attentuator does not rectify the problem, if you can manage to get one channel something like, other channels are different as if each channel is 'a different signal strength'

If by what you say barryboon me thinks I've just bought meself a lemon :-(

Rest assured it will be sorted kryptviews reputation and previous customer services to this point have been highly commended and they will be sure to fix as soon as possible. The issues you are experiencing are not new and I myself have fed this back to the kv team from the first shipped a850s problem was finding the issue and correcting accordinly and with hardware faults these are extremely difficult. Many software tweaks where tried and server changes but to no avail. The attenuator was only ever a short term fix. Bear patience all will be good in due course.

jake did we not say with your time lag on posting that you have a lan connection issue and that has to be addressed also as that will give you problems,try any new lan cables,what way have you got your setup on everything and that includes how old your coaxial cable is.

jake did we not say with your time lag on posting that you have a lan connection issue and that has to be addressed also as that will give you problems,try any new lan cables,what way have you got your setup on everything and that includes how old your coaxial cable is.

Hi again, coaxial is virmins (beefy white stuff), > f type splitter > low loss sat coax > A850, not two feet away from the main JB in.

Virmins Modem > Netgear WGR614 > 10m ish Cat5 > A850

I just thought there was issues with the attenuation, if the lan connection causes issues I will move the A850 next to the Router and use a shorter run.
Might be tomorrow now cause wife will divorce me if I do another 2 in the morning one!!!!!!! I will try it and let you know.
Is there any guidance on whether I need to use cat5e / 6 do you know?

---------- Post Merged at 04:55 PM ----------

Sorry BarryBoom, thanks for the update!!!!!

and you dont have a vm superhub?you have lan connection problem before using the box,have you tried a full reboot of everything box modem and router as in off at rear for 30 secs then on yet?
tell the wife your having an affair with new new love:butkiss:lol

OK what we have now is:

Virmins Modem > 30cm cat5 > Netgear WGR614 > 30cm Cat5 > A850

Longer run of the low loss sat cable 20m ish > attenuator (tried without) >A850

Still freezing and glitching :-(

As barryboom says I suppose I will have to be patient, but if this is a hardware issue does anyone know what course of action we will need to follow? Post the box back somewhere, bin it and have to buy a new one????

It's a little frustrating as a few days later and £250 i have something that really isn't watchable :-(

Nope no connection problems other than the usual ocasional shut down and reboot, yes tried every thing off/on this moring

Last edited:
might just be an internal board replacement,its just wait and see.binning a new box no way as its their reputation at stake and word of mouth matters.

definitely not for bin. Suppliers are being sent stock to replace unable however to speak on behalf of your own supplier on how they plan to arrange this for boxs that have already been shipped. Hold tight and don't panic there is no footy on the now hopefully have it all sorted before start of new season :grin:

:-) Thanks all, I,m not sure about the rules/etiquette so I wont mention where I sourced the box, but it was a 'reputable' dealer.

This morning I had another play while everyone still asleep (ie out of the way).
INTERESTING: tried the A850 straight into the modem - No signal message on screen?????? box will not work straight into modem????
Best set up:
Router > 2m Cat5e > A850
20m+ cable run through the house > No attenuation (other than the natural one due to cable lengths/connections) > A850.

A850 still stuttering but a little less frequently.

Now my grand plan has gone t1ts up!!
I have Sky HD piped around the house via Cat5e ie HD at any TV, this box was meant to replace that obviously saving monthly subs, I guess not yet though!!!!!

it does not matter where you sourced the box as long as it was not ebay =no warranty.
as you know your coaxial cable comes into house and is split by a good splitter and one side goes to your internet modem,the other side of splitter goes into your kv hd box
you say you have a vm modem is it the superhub if it is read the first post again.
dont think you can use the kv box for multiroom if thats what you are trying to do as its use is 1 box for 1 tv

Back