phoenix hd a850 setup.

I think the supplier should do a recall on all a850 hd boxes sold and mod them for free instead of paying more money to get it done????

If it was a new television or maybe Xbox or something I could see your point but these are sold with a single purpose of obtaining viewing channels which should otherwise be costing users hundreds of pounds a year. Not like they can take an advert in nation newspaper to organise a recall, although some have been sorted out free of charge but unfortunately those who don't have contact with there supplier etc will have little choice but to find other means and I am afraid I won't give my time or expertise up to strangers for nothing. I never sold them the box I have not already took money from them and therefore happy to provide a follow service. I think they call it life in the underground and box £230 say £30-£50 to fix. Course of a year's subs for same content. You are still winning, the next year your well up on saving.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

erm seems to be getting a little heavy now so will join the wife/kids but have still experienced some glitching/freezing BUT I still stand by pro-mod there is still an improvement - NOT an all out answer but borofc is heading in the right direction.

Night night!

Hi all

I had my box modded by barry yesterday (very nice bloke) and my experience so far is the same as Jakelukesdad.

The mod has completely solved the glitching on channels which were unwatchable without an attenuator (sky sports 4) and unwatchable even with an attenuator (ITV4 for example) and the performance on the SD channels I have watched so far is very good, with the exception of Sky 1 which is a bit glitchy (too annoying to watch at times).

However I have noticed a fair bit of glitching on the HD channels., but as my box has been pretty poor for the past few weeks anyway its only fair to give it some time before making any real judgment.

That's my experience so far, so at the minute I'm still very much on the fence.

get yourself off the fence mate you no longer need an attenuator big step forward.
i dont recall the eurovox starview digivox kryptview a750 any of them older boxes needing any attenuators it was only ever a temporary help till the makers found what the problem was and hey presto they have found out what the hardware problem is so in my opinion its got to be a big step forward any issues after the mod is to do with the service provider or server 2 factors involved as before the mod there was 3 factors involved.
so in other words if you dont get this mod done you are always going to have problems

proevoking
why do you think the suppliers should do this mod or replace the boards for free.
this mod wasnt even needed when the phoenix box was released.
it was only when the service provider changed qam rate from 64 to 256 this mod was needed hardly kvs fault.
when this box was first released it was fit for purpose

Hi there, online not working with my box it freeze when i try to update. at moment its loaded with SV1.01.07.
or can someone pm me with latest firmware so i do usb update!!

if you are using a superhub then this is an known issue however latest firmware should have overcome this issue and should update normally thereafter hopefully you will have link by now and be on your way to manually updating.

if you are using a superhub then this is an known issue however latest firmware should have overcome this issue and should update normally thereafter hopefully you will have link by now and be on your way to manually updating.
Many Thanks for replay barry, I took the box down to my bro's house which he didnt have super hub it updated straight way, just got to sort the power supply mod out next. do know were i can get it modded?

Been a few weeks (keeping my gob shut) just to see if things settled down after the mod, but my knee jerk reaction still stands, the mod is a big improvement and is in the right direction but it is not a 100% fix, I am still getting glitching/freezing ~ you pays your money and you take your chance! i am sure all the experts on here and at KV will get it sorted at one point (well hopefully) until then? not sure what to suggest, if you are not bothered about about hd just stick to the SD box which seems to work fine without any of the issues of the HD one !?

did you check for any issues with vm? and yes i am aware of channels missing and glitching elsewhere,there were reports of vm issues.

I'm with jake on this one,big improvement , but still hit & miss, some days better than others.I personally would not recommend this box to friends and would advise them to keep hold of the 780.

my problem is that the hd channels are fine but the likes of history channel, ect are really poor glitching and losing picture any help please

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 PM ----------

i agree with marcus would advise people to stay well away from this box all you here are people with problems with picture issues.

---------- Post Merged at 09:37 PM ----------

hi guys my a850 has the opposite problem the hd channels like hd sports1 are great but sd channels like history ect are terrible, i am on the latest firmware which i had to update using usb as internet update would not work.

Hi All

Have now swapped my booster for variable attenuator and seems to be a lot better now..
My booster did solve my problems with the sd channels but gave me problems on HD channels, least with the attenuator its better on both.
Getting a lot of the HD movie channels coming up scrambled but guess im not the only one with that problem.

hi baron you need to get the power supply mod done on your box if your still using a attenuator ot booster to improve signal issues

New software released as advised above and updating fine via superhub as was advised by last release. Anyone having issues updating over superhub may still be on older firmware.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Back