playstation not reading disc

hi peeps
can someone help me plz
my playstation 3 wont read discs at all (games,music or videos) i have tryed new discs never used and still wont work
disc tray accepts disc with reading blue flashing light but nothing is shown on the dashboard.
any help on what the problem may be or how to fix it will be extremely appreciated
thank you very much to all hope i can return the favour.
by the way its a 40gb ino you are probly going to tell me to buy a new 1ROFL

If it looks and sounds like it is working, I might suggest that it is the laser not reading the discs, these can be purchased quite reasonably, and fitted relatively easily too.

[video=youtube;lc_-Z6-HFO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc_-Z6-HFO0[/video]

You first have to open it, then identify which lens(laser) you have, .purchase the correct one, then off you go

here is an example of the price of one, and also where you might source one from

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/KES-400AAA-Laser-Replacement-Repair-Playstation-3/dp/B002MRKXZQ

Our try some form of lens cleaner for DVD players for example?

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

we had a similar problem many yrs ago. Got a dvd head cleaner dsick cleaned and it was working great after that. Could be just a case of it needs cleaning if it gets used a lot especially if disks are left out on side after play.
You can now get a disk cleaner in the likes of the cheapo (pound) shops. Try that 1st if you havent already

Hopefully Wheelos suggestion is your last resort,what Linny and Axxxo said is more than likely your solution,you havent downgraded or anything like that and lost bluray functions have you

thank you again everyone for your help you are all very helpfull with major detail
never thout dvd cleaner discs would work but it makes sence tbh wudnt see y it wudnt work
ill try it out 2moro and let you no on the progress
my playstation has never been downgraded or nothing like that have kept it orginal from day one
thanks again all hope to hear from you again in the future:I love techkings:

Got to admit, I just presumed that the lens cleaner would have already been used, never even crossed my mind to start there. Stupid Wheelo, Stupid lol

Got to admit, I just presumed that the lens cleaner would have already been used, never even crossed my mind to start there. Stupid Wheelo, Stupid lol
Thats the techie inside you bursting to get out Wheelo,your getting as bad as me

ty very much everyone for the disc cleaner idea
but it didnt work
how do i go about finding out what kind of lens i need to replace it
also where would i find the best place to buy one for the best price
any help would be very much appreciated(y)

I have used here on regular occasions and never had a problem,standard shipping is slow but if you want it quicker they have that option HERE

And to answer your first question, you have to open it up, look at the video in the first of my posts

ty very much everyone for the disc cleaner idea
but it didnt work
how do i go about finding out what kind of lens i need to replace it
also where would i find the best place to buy one for the best price
any help would be very much appreciated(y)

oh shame that didnt work - did you try it more than once?? If its that dirty full of dust etc it may take a few goes, wortha try before you go down the next route.

I would imagine you would need to take it apart to find out exactly what lens it is. But the lads on here can explain in more detail and should be able to give you a site to purchase from

Edit Sorry guys didnt see your replys up there - my connection is on the slow side today!

Last edited:
Back