1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please suggest an android box with the following

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by Arvindmundhe, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Arvindmundhe

Arvindmundhe Registered

Male
    Hi guys.

I'm looking for a box that has the following:

Google certified

2 USB ports that can support 2TB each

4K support

Chromecast enabled

I will be using it for Kodi, Netflix and DSTV Now [a South African streaming app].

I currently have a myGica box which works fine, but it's not Google-certified and doesn't have chromecast. I currently have 2 external hard drives connected to it with 4TB of media that I access via Kodi.

Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Speedygonzal

Speedygonzal Registered

Think my Shield ticks all those boxes. Many consider it the best (but not the cheapest) android box money can buy.

stuss likes this.
  3. madmike1983

madmike1983 Registered

I agree top quility box.

4. gibbletts

gibbletts TK Veteran

Agreed, they’re not cheap but they just work and there is an excellent support forum if you have any issues.

5. Speedygonzal

Speedygonzal Registered

Just to add to the above, if you wait a couple more weeks till Black Friday, you should be able to pick a bundled one (with the game controller) from amazon/currys etc for something like £155. Flog the game controller (2nd gen, £65 new at amazon) for £45 on fleabay, flog any fire stick/tv box, chromecast dongle etc. all of which the Shield has made redundant, and you have the best of all worlds in one for c£100 or less.

I also run mine as a plex server - very very few android boxes indeed can do that properly, an intel nuc with comparable performance would set you back close to £200 when I last looked.

So, for some, the Shield is actually a real bargain.

You can use Dream player for Android TV from Google Play to access an E2 box from the Shield. I think it works better than Vu+PVR in Kodi, which takes forever reading a full set of epg from my OS Mega - if anybody knows a way to sort that I am all ears!