port numbers

baz12

hi I have a multiroom sub for myself it has two lines with different port numbers also I purchased line for a friend but I noticed his port number on line issued for him is same as one of mine but with different username/password is this right that port numbers are same??

the port numbers are just down the which port the server owner runs the software on on their server, it's unlikely that you will get two lines using the same port but not impossible, it could be they are using the default port that their software has set and not changed it to something else.

the port numbers are just down the which port the server owner runs the software on on their server, it's unlikely that you will get two lines using the same port but not impossible, it could be they are using the default port that their software has set and not changed it to something else.

thanks also the one that's different is 5 digits long whereas the two that are the same number are 4 digits long not sure if that's anything to do with it

if your line and the one you purchased for your friend are from same provider then everything will be exactly the same apart from username and password.

Don't worry about port numbers, they can be 4 or 5 digits long

if your line and the one you purchased for your friend are from same provider then everything will be exactly the same apart from username and password.

Don't worry about port numbers, they can be 4 or 5 digits long

thanks again and yes all 3 of the lines from same provider so he obviously uses more than one port

Back