Priiloader for Wii

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
This program stops the Wii from being accidentally updated.

As always, TechKings accepts no responsibility for any damage you may cause your Wii by running this program. If you don't feel confident doing it - Don't, but it is as simple as following the instructions carefully.

First off you need these two downloads from the download section:-

Priiloader v0.7

Hacks for Priiloader

1. unzip the priiloader file onto the root of your SD card
2. unzip the Hacks folder, find the hack for your Wii firmware version, and put it in the SD:apps/priiloader folder( it used to need to be on the root of the SD card, but one that I have done recently needed it in the above)
3. open the Homebrew channel, then start the priiloader program.
4. It will ask if you want to run this program, and press "A" or "+", do so.
5. Priiloader will open up, To use priiloader turn off wii,turn on wii while also holding reset button,you will be presented with a menu,go to system hacks,press a,goto block online updates press a to enable,do the same for block disc updates,remove no copy file protection and region free everthing,then go to the bottom and press a to save settings,then press b and go up to system menu and press a,you will now be back at wii system menu.

this should be done as soon as you have installed homebrew channel, and have backed up your NAND and Keys.

Last edited:
Softmodded my wii a few weeks ago because my disc drive quit, and the kids were bummed. Its been working great and the kids couldn't be happier. Thought i better try this priiloader before it gets updated and i have to start over.

Ok so I got the homebrew channel on and I have installed the priiloader and hacks files on a memory card but when i go on the homebrew channel nothing comes up there is no priiloader app

No mate, that is not how it works. To get to the Priiloader, you knock off the Wii, power on the Wii while holding the reset button, it will take about three or four seconds, but the priiloader will open then. As stated in step 5.

Does all this has to be done after using letter bomb and having homebrew channel...and would this allow regin free usage of original DVDs?

If you follow the softmod instructions to the end and install a usb loader, you can put the other regions disks on a hard drive and play them from there.

I'm not sure (but don't think so) if the region free settings on this allows for other regions disks to be played. I don't have another region disk to find out.

For me, this program was well worth putting on the Wii as it stopped kids updating firmware from Nintendo. You should put it on, then try it and post back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The newest update is 4.3,there is no reason with the arrival of letterbomb to not be on 4.3,a very good question thou,if using a disc maybey,on usb you shouldnt have a problem,i would still say update

Thanks! I live in Tokyo and brought my US Wii with me - if I can play Japanese games I'll be so excited. :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:52 AM ----------

Um, I've tried downloading priiloader a couple of times now and it's not working. It says I don't have permission? Do I need to post more than once? Sorry for being such a n00ber.

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 AM ----------

Sorry, I was being stupid. Downloaded all right! Thanks so much :3

Thanks! I live in Tokyo and brought my US Wii with me - if I can play Japanese games I'll be so excited.

---------- Post Merged at 10:52 AM ----------

Um, I've tried downloading priiloader a couple of times now and it's not working. It says I don't have permission? Do I need to post more than once? Sorry for being such a n00ber.

Yes if you mod your Wii using my tutorial, you will indeed be able to use any region games.
And don't worry about being a Noob, we were all one once (y) if you need any help, just holler mate!!

this is the only forum that i've found that actually has posts from this year. it seems like everybody homebrewed their wii ages ago. i thought about it, but never really cared enough to do it, until my 4-year-old decided to play around and erase his license on mario kart wii and then whined about it for months because he had to play everything all over again to get back his trophies, karts, racers, etc. and, of course, all of this is because nintendo, in their infinite wisdom, decided to make certain games NOT be able to copy to sd card. so here i am, hacking and modding my wii just to be able to do the things i should be able to do normally, but nintendo says i can't... thanks for the info! great post!

My Priiloader is up to date as is the hacks file but I've never been able to play ntsc games from USB on my 4.3E wii. everything is region free and I've managed every other hack but loading NTSC games just gives me a black screen and returns to home menu. Tried all the newest loaders and betas but still no joy

Sorted

Are you on DVD or a HDD?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk 2

I just figured out what I've been doing wrong - All the NTSC games I moved to HDD are sitting at 0 bytes - the game manager messed up the copies. This was a melter.

Back