Windows XP printing e/mails

antm

when trying to print e/mails from internet explorer page comes out blank ,yet i can print from mozilla firefox and every thing else

Is there any way to remedy this

ANTO:(

strange - have you done a test to make sure IE has your printer set up correctly. What email client do you use and whos your service provider. sorry i dont use Internet explorer myself.
Plus what version of IE are you running?

printing

using ie 8 provider is upc ,as i said when i click on print the page comes up with what i am about to print but the heading is saying.(.about blank) then when i print page come out blank. I have updated ie 8 it makes no difference
ANTO

i never understand what about blank means - i to get it at times. Maybe one of the tech guys can help you.
If you need to can you print them from FF. do you go to your service providers server to get them ( ie upcs home page) do you not use an email client like outlook express to pick up your emails? a lot of people that have a windows pc use a microsoft programme called outlook express - personally i use a prog called incredimail and add all my email addresses to that so i can pick them up.

you should have OE on your pc if your running windows, if not it can be downloaded from the microsoft website. I know it does not answer your question as to why you are getting a blank page but will give you another way to get your emails on your pc

About:Blank is a hijacking program that comes in the form of adware, and can take completely control of the browser. The program can also change the settings of your Internet connection, and continuously display popup advertisements on the computer. Although the program does not cause a direct threat to the system, it can result in waste of quality time and effort. The program is known to offer backdoor entry to other malware and is able to create a few security flaws in the system.
The application is a small variation of the advanced Cool Web Search. The About: Blank hijacker has many other variants, that are technically difficult to remove or evade. It is also referred to as the HomeOldSP hijacker, as it changes the registry settings making new entries such as
\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

Removal Instructions:

Code:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic4210.html

That's a real old one so I'd imagine Malwarebytes would be equipped to nail that by now

Last edited:
i dont think i can get windows ie 9 with windows xp . also cannot open the above link

Correct, you can't use IE9 with XP. IE8 is the highest you can go.

And yes, you can't go to that link because About:Blank is stopping you.

What you need to do is download and install Malwarebytes (free version). Restart your system in Safe Mode (By repeatedly tapping F8 during startup and choosing "Safe Mode" from the list of options. Run Malwarebytes and do a full scan.

If you can't get to down Mailwarebytes? you will need to get access to another PC to get it and put it on a pen drive so you can put it on your machine.

Code:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Finally, once sorted? you should consider moving away from IE altogether and using either Firefox or Google Chrome.

Gman ive got Malwarebytes, but went to that link and it took me to the download which took me to the malwarebytes.org site and said
Oops. We couldn't find that page! Please use the menu above to navigate.
just tells you to download malwarebytes, does not mention the about:buster

Gman ive got Malwarebytes, but went to that link and it took me to the download which took me to the malwarebytes.org site and said just tells you to download malwarebytes, does not mention the about:buster

My understanding of it Linny, is that Buster is a very old Prog written in 2005 and is no longer needed because it's fixing capabilities were incorporated into Malwarebytes.

internet explorer

have down loaded malwarebyte and done scan ,no difference .When i open i.e this pops up on screen

could this have anything to do with it not printing

(quote)

DirectSearch Frame create TBO .ie access is denied

(ALSO)

DirectSearchFrame create tbo .init. this_my TB settings is null or not an object

(unquote)

does any know what this means

ive looked on google and seems your not the only person suffering with this. I typed in what you typed and got quite a few things come up - but far to many pages to add to this so if no one on here can help you try that and then you can go to the links and see if they help.
Sorry not looked or checked any of the links so hope they are helpful!

printing

I have givin up on printing from explorer and dumped it and gone with firefox and can print with no problem.Now when trying to scan to my computer i.e. picasa etc. my computer cant detect scanner and yet i can print off photos from the same site my computer just wont detect scanner .By the way its a brother 3 in 1 dcp-145c i no longer have disc and find it impossible to download driver ,to complicated
sorry for being a pain in the a**e

ANTO

I have givin up on printing from explorer and dumped it and gone with firefox and can print with no problem.Now when trying to scan to my computer i.e. picasa etc. my computer cant detect scanner and yet i can print off photos from the same site my computer just wont detect scanner .By the way its a brother 3 in 1 dcp-145c i no longer have disc and find it impossible to download driver ,to complicated
sorry for being a pain in the a**e

ANTO

Download the complete software\Driver software for your printer here:

Code:
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/eu/gb/en/dlf/download_index.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp145c_eu_as&dlid=&flang=English&os=7&type2=-1

Back