Problem loading disk nintendo Wii.

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
a friend has given me their wii to look at. Said they could not insert disk.
Managed to insert and eject disk But when wii is on it wont load the disk. You put it in and it makes loads of weird noises.
Have just ordered a triwing screwdriver via ebay so that i can open it up to check inside. But before i do just wondered if any of you guys might know as to why its doing this.
Its an old wii (3.4e) But family cant afford a hard drive and sd card atm otherwise id look on here how to mod with such and old version.

Thanks H well been round a friends and took it apart and could see no reason! But just reading the comments on the 2 links you gave sounds similar to what might have happened, and the friend has 4 yr old! so will wait til i get me triwing screwdriver and have another look then!

Sometimes the drive will also just pack in with constant use,thats why the hdd is so handy

well after palying with it at a friends tried it again when i got home and u put a disk in and it sounds like someone is hammering it! so think it may have packed up but once i get my tools i can take it apart again at my house and take a better look at it. But when you take it to a friends you sort of have limited time! we opened it found nothing in it ( no foreign object) and could see no reason why.
I did tell the kid it may have seen better days. Seems a shame if thats really it. But as said hes gonna speak to his mother and find out IF they can get a HDD and SD card, then we can sort him out espesh as its not been used for well over a yr and the firmware is still 3.4 :)

I had a friend of the little princesses wii here and found 5 DVD disks inside. the result was that it couldn't load a disc, it would take it in then spit it back out. the two options were get a new one, or mod it and use a HDD. I know that €70 for a HDD and SD is a little steep, but the HDD can hold 200 games or more (500 GB).

well yes thats what ive tried to explain to the lad but its up to his mum and if she feels its not worth it then not much i can do! I can on the other hand offer to give him something for it as its so old and not in working order :whistling::whistling:
My son has spoken to him and now after a yr or it not working he said he spoke to his mum and she knows someone that can fix it - well why the hell didnt she say that a long time ago and why let me fiddle with it IF she knows someone that can fix it! you try to help ya sons mate but as soon as you say cant do it unless you spend money they come up with their own solution!

Back