problem saving games in ext hd using new laptop!!!

juanluixx

hi everyone recently i have problem with my laptop and i has to replace with new one,yesterday y try to install a new game in my external hard drive and says :you need to format the disk in the drive D beforre you can use it. i dont want o loose all my games!! any idea to how make this without loose all my games .IM using WBFS manager 4.0 thanks guys. ***sorry for last thread ,i forgot the ??? issue**

Just hit cancel when it asks you to format the drive,go to your manager and load the drive with the letter that the comp associates with your drive,it will all still be there

just to be clear, is it WBFS manager that is telling you to format the HDD, or is it your laptop?? if it is your laptop, isn't your CD/DVD drive the D drive? if it is, then sinno's solution is the one to use. If it's the Wbfs manager, then you may well be selecting the wrong drive. you could try to format a small memory stick to ensure that WBFS is installed properly. have you a new operating system with your new laptop, if so what is it??

Hi wheelo,it is common with windows 7,i get it everytime i connect my wbfs drive to the computer to transfer over games,but your right i gave a general answer without knowing all the facts,i think everyone is using win 7 by now

no, I am still in the dark ages(XP), but I framed my answer the way I did, because I brought in a memory stick with 2 games on it to work, and it wouldn't work on his PC, he thought that it had to do with a newer version of WBFS.

ok that is what happen, i plug ext hd,then appear an icon of hd (drive letter : D) in my computer window and say message of: you need to format the disk in the drive D beforre you can use it, i hit cancel and then run the WBFS manager and i select the same drive letter (D) and hit load and quick appear message "error occurred while loading drive.Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format" my laptop is brand new ,so its coming with window 7.thanks for your attention

you said you were using 4.0,i am not familiar with that version as in it is not a official by codeplex version,i have used wbfs 3.0 for as long as im doing this and it has always worked for me,you will have to check and see in your laptops properties wether you are running a 64 bit version of windows 7 or a 32 bit aka 86,and see if that version you are using has compatibility issues,my advice is get wbfs manager 3.0,you can use the 32 bit version even if you are on a 64 bit machine,it was the most stable version

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

no, I am still in the dark ages(XP), but I framed my answer the way I did, because I brought in a memory stick with 2 games on it to work, and it wouldn't work on his PC, he thought that it had to do with a newer version of WBFS.
I will bring you in to the light if you want,i have just been reading about that version of wbfs manager 4.0,it was made by the wiikey people for use with the wiikey fusion for gamecube iso compatibility of a sd card,it seems to have problems with 64 bit machines,i still say WBFS Manager 3.0 is the best

yes, i think my previus version of WFBS manager is 3.0 i dont remembered ,but when im look online to download this program ,i see a 4.0 version . i download it using 64 bit option (my laptop is 64bit).can i download previus version (3.0) and work with window 7??

Yep you can windows 7 will just put it in a seperate 32 bit program file,you can get wbfs 3.0 HERE
use the one with x86 in the title it is more stable

Glad to hear it worked for you mate, any help you need, just holler, we always try to help(y)

Back