• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
hi lewis, you gave me some info on your problem by pm, so here is your problem,

"Anyway here's the wii information. It's version 4.2e, i just got it from my girlfriend for xmas so it's new.
As far as the tutorial goes i can get through most of it but i think the problems coming from earlier on.
When you have to load bootmii it will only let me install it as an ios it won't allow me to install it as a boot 2. Even when i do that and then try to uninstall the 4 ios it seems to run through fine then the codeing comes up as error. I can get as far as step 9 but then it crashes when i select ios 249 in wad manager.

I hope this is enough info?

Lewis"

okay first steps first you need to download the software needed to softmod your Wii available below
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJBYPCL1

or at sinnos original link

http://www.techkings.org/nintendo-wii/7536-wii-softmodding.html#post96763

this is what you got last night. when you unzip it you have a folder called 4.2 pack 1, put it straight onto the sd card then unzip any of the files from the folder called bannerbomb versions directly onto the sd card also.

Put the SD Card back into the Wii and select Data Management from Wii settings, then click SD (On 4.2 just click the SD icon on the main channel page).
You should be presented with a "Load boot.dol/.elf" message, click OK.
You are now into the HackMii installer.

In the HackMii installer go ahead and install Bootmii (To both IOS and Boot2 if possible)
Then install Homebrew channel, followed by DVDx and then exit the HackMii installer.
when you get this done let me know what happened

Last edited:
Step 1

Ok, i have done as you asked, but it will only let me install boot 2 as an ios and says that a previous boot will not allow me to install as boot 2. Should i just install as ios?

i have only a short time here tonight, but if it will only allow you to do it one way, then yes , start with that, the homebrew, then divx

Step 2

Ok, i have done that, i can get as far as step 09 now without any problems, but when i have to select emulator device it says that it is not on sd card and i have to bypass this part to continue with the process and add the neogamma channel.

the software i gave you is slightly diff, it comes with its own tutorial. just follow it step by step and you can shout back if you have any probs

if i remember correctly, just press A at the first one, then select SD Card, just read the tutorial that came with it

Last edited:
Different Software

And that should be it installed properly? Awesome, thanks for your help. do you know anywhere or anyone in dublin i can get backups from?

depending on whether the last bit works straight off, there may be a hurdle to overcome, some of the new wiis have a new disc drive that wont read back ups, in which case you will have to get an external hard drive and use it to load the games onto.

we will cross that bridge when we come to it. 1st let me know how you get on with the softmod

Just to add if you could not install bootmii as boot2 install priiloader and back nand this will help with most bricks

CIOSrev14 installer

This post has been really useful. I was having the same problems and ran all steps to 4.2 pack3 - After selecting Bootmii I get to the CIOS installer, asks me to select A to continue and then freezes; it won't let me select the ISo or use A. Any ideas? Thanks.

Back