problems updating IPTV Player plugin

Sh8338

Hi, first time on here so I don't know if I'm posting right. I'm having trouble updating the iptv player plugin. When I update it to the latest version it disappears from the list of plugins. I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it and after it comes back on it is on a very out of date version. I go to update it to any newer than about a week ago and it disappears off the list of plugins again. If I update it to the one from the 28th August it is ok. Could it be a problem with my usb stick? Move organiser is also up to date but still sometimes shows an error message that it is out of range. Has anyone got any ideas? Thank you.

Theres a thread on the site about this , the iptv plug in is now called E2i Player and if you normally download from this plug in onto a hdd device, then the way to do so has now changed slightly also, when you update do you then have E2i player?

openatv 6.2
blue button goto software manager/system update, do an update on your box

also try a different usb stick

there's 2 in the plugins / extensions
e2iplayer (git2928+1705536-r1)
e2iplayer-deps (10-r0)

try installing the deps version

Theres a thread on the site about this , the iptv plug in is now called E2i Player and if you normally download from this plug in onto a hdd device, then the way to do so has now changed slightly also, when you update do you then have E2i player?
Hi yes the name of it has changed on the logo. Can you explain to me how to update it please as I don't really know how to work the updates etc on these as I bought it off someone. Thanks

Launch the iptv player when the flags a pear scroll down till you see settings/configuration then go into settings/configuration there will be one that says look for updates change that to yes then press green to save then go back into settings then next one down will be update press ok and if an update available it will update and it will reboot box once updated

Hi yes the name of it has changed on the logo. Can you explain to me how to update it please as I don't really know how to work the updates etc on these as I bought it off someone. Thanks
Usually i just go into iptv player or E2i player as it is now, i scroll right down until i see the green arrow pointing downwards, and that updates it for me.

Does anyone know how I would change my usb stick? Do I just remove the old one, put the new one in and then initialize it or do I need to do anything to it first like a backup or unmount it? Thanks

Does anyone know how I would change my usb stick? Do I just remove the old one, put the new one in and then initialize it or do I need to do anything to it first like a backup or unmount it? Thanks

you could format new one to fat32 file system through windows, but im sure its not needed, just pop new one in your box and initialize it.
change it from ext3 to ext4 in the same menu

Hi I’m wondering can anyone help me. I now have E2i player and when I search the apps for movies or series it always comes up ‘nothing to display’. So most of my apps apart from YouTube don’t work...this is really annoying me at present as all my apps are gone sisnce the update from IPTV

Go into the E2i player and scroll to the cogwheels icon and configure is there, after that the update is via the arrow beside the cogwheel.

Did you just try to update, then it should ask you if you want to configure the plugin, if it does then do that and then press yes to everything until its finished. Other than that if it still isnt working, I would uninstall, then reinstall the plugin and it should then ask if you want to configure it.

Last edited:
Did you just try to update, then it should ask you if you want to configure the plugin, if it does then do that and then press yes to everything until its finished. Other than that if it still isnt working, I would uninstall, then reinstall the plugin and it should then ask if you want to configure it.
Any chance I could contact you so you could talk me through that?

As said above, then after uninstalling, exit out then go to MENU, PLUGINS, press green for download plugins, then go to EXTENSIONS and find E2i player and download it again, when done, you should then get the option to configure when you go into the plugin, press yes to everything when asked, and it should take a couple of minutes just, what build are you using?

Back