problems updating IPTV Player plugin

I think it would let me update but it's asking to do a back up first as one of the steps and its just coming up with this error

Ive alreasy said, wb 6 & 7 are finished, thetes no support or updates for them, not been for many months, use wooshbuild infinity, you cant do this just by using remote

If I say no to the back up won't I lose all my settings and plugins? Sorry for all the questions but I've never done this before!

You will probaly have to go to the infinity page and follow the instructions going via the usb route, you can always re install your plug ins.

Wb infinity will install all new plugins.
If you want to save recordings etc, this is a different ballgame.
Youll need to re-add your line/iptv settings after putting infinity on

Oh ok, is that the same for version 7 too? I'm thinking my usb is faulty and that's why it won't save the back up. To change it do I need to unmount this faulty usb before I remove it? Cheers

If its a usb that you use for recording programmes, then no, just leave it and use a small usb for flashing the box, an 8gb or a 16 gb should work ok for re flashing, but if your box is letting you flash 6.2 open atv online, then do that, then follow the instructions on page one of the infinity thread, but as I said before you will then need to go into webif and put the infinity command in. You could back up your current line onto a usb and then use cam importer to re install it, then you can re install any plug ins that dont come back on automatically. I am unsure if you can use your phone to connect to webif, but I am sure someone on here would know for sure.

If its a usb that you use for recording programmes, then no, just leave it and use a small usb for flashing the box, an 8gb or a 16 gb should work ok for re flashing, but if your box is letting you flash 6.2 open atv online, then do that, then follow the instructions on page one of the infinity thread, but as I said before you will then need to go into webif and put the infinity command in. You could back up your current line onto a usb and then use cam importer to re install it, then you can re install any plug ins that dont come back on automatically. I am unsure if you can use your phone to connect to webif, but I am sure someone on here would know for sure.
You can connect to webwif via phones just tried it just go on google type the ip address of box will open webwif at bottom will say show full webwif click on it go to terminal will ask to login type root will connect to zgemma box then type the the command to install infinity and will install it for you so no need for pc/laptop @grahamer67 good call to try mobile way will be helpful for other members wanting infinity with no laptop/pc can do it via mobile

Last edited:
Thanks so much, just tried this and it looks like you can do it via mobile. Anything I need to be aware of before I do this? Will I need to do the back up if I don't have an iptv line or anything? My usb was faulty so I've changed it for another one now and e2iplayer is working better but I think I will still update.

Thanks so much, just tried this and it looks like you can do it via mobile. Anything I need to be aware of before I do this? Will I need to do the back up if I don't have an iptv line or anything? My usb was faulty so I've changed it for another one now and e2iplayer is working better but I think I will still update.
If you have no line or anything just do a fresh new install you can redownload the e2iplayer and other apps I never back anything up but have my my line details for iptv and remaining sly channels but its your choice

Thank you for all your help! A family member has the same zgemma box and has ipab on it. Can I put infinity on this box too by going through webif and typing the command or do I need to do it a different way?

Thank you for all your help! A family member has the same zgemma box and has ipab on it. Can I put infinity on this box too by going through webif and typing the command or do I need to do it a different way?
Just the same, as its the same box, should be just the same process.

Hi again. Run into a problem when trying to put wooshbuild infinity on a zgemma which currently has ipab on it. When I try to connect via openwebif, it doesn't have "terminal" so I can't type in the command. Can anyone help please? Will I have to do it with a usb as in not sure how to do that? Thanks

Hi again. Run into a problem when trying to put wooshbuild infinity on a zgemma which currently has ipab on it. When I try to connect via openwebif, it doesn't have "terminal" so I can't type in the command. Can anyone help please? Will I have to do it with a usb as in not sure how to do that? Thanks
You can do it through putty aswell or mobile telnet mate are you sure you've flashed with open atv 6.2

It's running ipab, I bought it a couple of years ago and the person I bought it off flashed it with this but wanting wooshbuild on it now. How do I get putty? Do I just download it on a laptop? Thanks

It's running ipab, I bought it a couple of years ago and the person I bought it off flashed it with this but wanting wooshbuild on it now. How do I get putty? Do I just download it on a laptop? Thanks
You need to reflash with open atv 6.2 first mate

I used the mobile telnet and it's come up with wooshbuild infinity. Done the setup but it's now scanning for channels and it seems to be scanning all the possible channels e.g. Wales, northern Ireland etc when I 0nly need my region. It's taking ages! Is this normal?

Back