PS4 PS4 blue light of death

Drew1979

hi guys. Dropped my PS4 yesterday and got the dreaded Blue Light of Death. Is there a fix without me having to fork out money on replacing it?

If you google ps4 blue light the first result in search has 3 different methods of trying to recover I had to do method 2 on mine after knocking it off its shelf

If you google ps4 blue light the first result in search has 3 different methods of trying to recover I had to do method 2 on mine after knocking it off its shelf
Thanks for the reply mate. I tried all 3 yesterday.
Still the same problem. On the 3rd one it doesn’t go into safe mode. Sad times ☹️

Doesn't sound good mate I will ask around on some of the ps4 forums I am a member of and see if one of the clever so and sos has an answer.

Doesn't sound good mate I will ask around on some of the ps4 forums I am a member of and see if one of the clever so and sos has an answer.
Thanks very much mate. A local shop said it can be repaired for 25-45 pound. Was hoping there was another way before I spend any money.

If above post doesn't help the general consensus on the forums I asked on is you are going to have to bite the bullet and get it professionally fixed. The jolt has quite possibly broken a solder joint as the joints get brittle, when the old lead solder was widely used in electronics this didn't happen as much as it does now as it had a tiny amount of flex in it. Blame the health and safety brigade. I hope the above works for you and wish I had some better news

Back