1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quality not good

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by settler, Dec 11, 2016.

1. settler

settler Registered

my picture quality is good apart the it jumping and pixilating every 4 mins, any ideas please

2. Buckham_uk

Buckham_uk TK Veteran

{Support Worker (adults with autism)
    Doncaster, England
    What box are you using? Which image? What skin? What USB/HDD size etc using? Sat or cable? Wired or wifi?

3. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

Is it doing it on free channels like BBC1?

4. settler

settler Registered

Assuming I need to reboot it regularly

5. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

Well there you go then. No need to answer those pesky questions.

6. settler

settler Registered

maybe i should have said i didnt know that, i emailed my supplier but last email he ignored thats why i asked on here, but this time he came back with the answer,

7. mrtweaks

mrtweaks Registered

{Being ill
    midlands
    And the answer was?:(

8. Jimp

Jimp Registered

Thread of the year award winner in the making this one lol

9. settler

settler Registered

as i said above, i need to reboot regularly

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 12:59 PM ----------

its people like you that make people like me, not want to ask questions on here, maybe simple to to you but not to me

10. Jimp

Jimp Registered

Its only a joke, not need to be upset. :dance:

11. nickyd186

nickyd186 TK Veteran

whaty box are you using? do you use Ethernet cables or wifi dongle to connect? does the freeview channels do it?

12. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

If rebooting regularly doesn't fix your problem, we'll be here. ;)

13. plassy32

plassy32 Registered

As above, check if it's happening on BBC (or any FTA one)

If it is then it's problem on box/leads/dish

If it's only on other channels then it's your supplier or config set up - shouldn't have to constantly reboot

14. mrtweaks

mrtweaks Registered

{Being ill
    midlands
    We have all been at the newbie stage at some point. But when you state that there is a problem but give no particulars of what they are or what it is on. It does make it a tad difficult to give you an answer.

15. bees

bees VIP Member

It shouldn't need rebooting regularly, I guess you will be back soon enough to
    answer the questions in post #2 and #3 to find out if it's a problem with the line
    or the internet or the tuner on your box :thumbsup:

16. Shaund

Shaund Registered

Hi guys, I'll just jump in here... I having this sort of problem on my box atm. It's only happens maybe once every few hours and it seems to be happening on both freeview/satellite channels. I would get the freezing/pixelated screen and sometimes the NO SIGNAL message. I'm using a skybox F5s (about 3yr old)with an Ethernet cable. I have tried rebooting when it does it but still seems to happen after a while. And help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Go easy on me I'm a newbie :bye:and never really done anything with my box bar the odd channel list update.

17. mrtweaks

mrtweaks Registered

{Being ill
    midlands
    If you are on the same Broadband as the channels you are watching it does appear that you need to change your security settings on the router. But I have noticed a lot of the big providers the security settings do have to be tweaked as well.

18. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    Might be the other equipment causing that i.e. dish, LNB, cabling, could even be a dodgy tuner.

19. Shaund

Shaund Registered

Thank for the replys guys. I currently have Sky broadband, so do u reckon there is anything I can change on my router to see if this helps. Also is there anything I can do which is easy enough regarding my equipment like my LNB or dish to see if this was to help. I have a feeling it mite be to do with my equipment as when the weather is bad outside I get the picture jumping and freezing sometimes too.

20. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    Turn off sky shield in your broadband settings. As for checking your equipment, just have a look at signal levels in signal finder under service searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk