R.S.P.C.A what a joke.

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
I dont often rant, infact this is my first in here (I think)

Motherinlaw rang me the other day and asked me to go down and have a look at a cat that was hanging around here house and it had been sleeping in here shed as it looked scruffy and under feed.

Went down and the cat looked a mess!, seriously underweight and his fur was all matted,

After asking about I found out that the owner had died 2 weeks before and the cat has had to fend for itself for the past fortnight so I rang the R.S.P.C.A and told them what had happened.

I was disgusted with there reply!! they told me to leave the cat where it was, they didn't bother to come out to see the state it was in, they just said put it back in the shed and let it carry on as it is. :dunno:

I decided to take it to the local vets because it was in a state, they had a look at him and said he was about 3 years old, they said they were going to ring the R.S.P.C.A thinking coming from the vets they would do something about it........ They told them the same, put it back and leave it be :boo:

They told me (in so many words) the R.S.P.C.A dont seem to give a shit about cats and that they have been told the same before when it comes to cats when there owner has died or the cat has become homeless or lost. The vets say there are too many cats about and they cant control the amount that are stray, so how can turning a blind eye to it help, the more strays the more they will breed! idiots!!!.

So WTF I have I been donating 10 pound a month to the R.S.P.C.A for the past 4 years via direct debit for if they are not going to do the job they are supposed to do.

I have cancelled my donation to them now and if I see them collecting in the supermarkets with there little tin I am going to tell them where to go.

Taking donations and not bothering to do what they are supposed to do.

As for the cat, we got it a home in a shelter, a very kind woman who takes cats in and relies completely on donations has taken it in and told us the cat will remain there, brought back to health and re-homed, she said it will never be put down whilst in her care.

There is a big bin in Tescos for cat food donations, shoppers exit and some throw cat food or money in the bin which she collects weekly, so with the money I donated to the R.S.P.C.A I will be using that for cat food and throwing it in that bin.

The R.S.P.C.A should be disgusted with themselves accepting donations and then turning a blind eye to things.

That is the sorry shape of many of those type of organizations today. What may have started out as a program that would actually benefit the animals, has long since become simply a political movement. They prey on the kindness of people through their hearts and emotions by showing us pictures of weakened and abused animals in order to get their donations, when in fact a very small percentage of the donation actually goes to local shelters and such which benefit the animals. Most of your money goes toward salaries and marketing. Such as the humane society of the united states. Which is nothing but a political organization.
In 2008, the Humane Society of the United States had an operating budget of $99,664,400. (See line 18 on page 1 of this document.) But it paid less than one-half of one percent of all that money to organizations that do hands-on dog and cat sheltering—the functions its TV ads suggest are HSUS's main focus.

Well, with the current state of the world it's lovely to see some people still have humanity as a priority. Well done you H (y)

As you say RSPCA never do what you think they are going to do or never do as they portray on tv programmes. Over the years i have rung them up either to report a distressed hurt animal or so fed up that i had to report someone for what i felt was cruelty. They take no notice or tell you to deal with it. I have even over the years trying to contact them to offer help - especially for reptiles, but they just do not seem interested. But on the other hand you do hear stories where they go in and try andtake animals away form people for no reason. They tend to think they are police WHEN it suits them.
Glad you have cancelled your donation and decided to put it to somewhere where you know they will help. In this area we have the CPL Cats Protection League. I used to have cats but due to son having ezcema cant have them, BUT even i would take the chance and have taken the poor thing in. Infact i would do same for any animal!
Glad you and your mum managed to get it a good home and the poor thing will be loved.
Here in our local sainsburys we have a similar system where people put donations in a bin for the CPL to collect, and its often full when i go in out small local store.

Thankfully your story has a happy ending!!

It is an absolute shame that they wouldn't do what we presume we are making donations for, glad you got good help in the end, and also you found a more worthy local charity.

Back