Random IPTV freezing

dean357

Hi everyone, relative noob here

I have a zgemma h2s with IPTV on it and just about every day the channel will randomly freeze and I have to change the channel to unfreeze it, the box itself doesn't freeze, just the channel we are watching. I have just changed service provider but it's still the same, it did it with both providers so I assume it must an issue with the box? I have just installed cacheflush but that hasn't made a difference, and it does it on any channel. Are there any settings I could look at? I'm using OpenAtv 6.1 and have it wired into a TP-Link router on a 50MB V line.

Thanks.

Your internet could be droping out wich would make the iptv freeze, Are you using other devices on the internet when watching iptv this could make it freeze, You could try turing the router off for 5min most of the time it sort's it out, Or make sure you have websafe off

Virgin Media

With Virgin media the tool you want to disable is WEBSAFE. To do this follow these steps.

1. Register or sign in at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia with your primary my virgin media username and password.
2. Click on MY APPS
3. Click on OVERVIEW
4. Turn both VIRUS SAFE and CHILDSAFE off.

no dont touch factory reset

you box fills up and sometimes it needs a clear out like anything
you would need to reflash it

but your running 6.1 so its not old like

Your internet could be droping out wich would make the iptv freeze, Are you using other devices on the internet when watching iptv this could make it freeze, You could try turing the router off for 5min most of the time it sort's it out, Or make sure you have websafe off

Virgin Media

With Virgin media the tool you want to disable is WEBSAFE. To do this follow these steps.

1. Register or sign in at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia with your primary my virgin media username and password.
2. Click on MY APPS
3. Click on OVERVIEW
4. Turn both VIRUS SAFE and CHILDSAFE off.
Thanks for the info, will investigate that now.

no dont touch factory reset

you box fills up and sometimes it needs a clear out like anything
you would need to reflash it

but your running 6.1 so its not old like
Ok, thanks. I've had the box for over a year, just recently flashed 6.1 on it. I'll have a read up on formatting it, thanks.

H2s struggles with iptv.
You need to remove any bloat to increase memory and or clear the cache.
Run an H2S and a firestick.
Firestick has never done this unlike h2s.
Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You need to remove any bloat to increase memory and or clear the cache.
Thanks, by bloat do you mean plugins? I have the following, not sure if they are all needed?

Cacheflush
EMC
EPG Importer
Media PLayer
Media Scanner
MyMetrixLite
OpenWebif
Picture PLayer
Programmlisten-Updater

There is a thread on this somewhere that explains what to take off.
From memory...
All unused skins.
Picicons take up a lot of space.

Picture player.
If you don't use it (I do) you can also remove iptv player.
Check and you will find the thread on this.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Picture PLayer
Programmlisten-Updater
Media PLayer
Media Scanner
MyMetrixLite

plus others will come back when you update the box

I wouldn't rule out the problem being a provider issue or your internet. My h2s runs iptv perfectly and I never get the freezing you describe.

Mine is running wb6.....all I have done is remove the skins I don't need and rubbish like picture player and media player but I still have things like wbconfig and cam importer installed.

I don't get why people are experiencing. Much problems with the h2s.

I put iptv onto my mums 2s box and she's getting 16meg download speeds and has no problems at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get why people are experiencing. Much problems with the h2s.

I put iptv onto my mums 2s box and she's getting 16meg download speeds and has no problems at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People need to look at the wider problems. The h2s runs iptv fine you need to look at how you are connected, isp blockers, how much unwanted stuff you have on your box......spend time sorting these things out and it will be fine. The h2s is not the problem.

The biggest issue is always the provider. It's ok saying I have had 6 trials and they all freeze.....yes but how many of those trials are all using the same crap streams and are ultimately all resellers of the same ones. Trial as many as you can find and you will get a decent one.

My setup is h2s with wb6.....isp blockers removed......hard wired and literally tens of trials later I am now sorted.....iptv running perfectly!!

I think it's more than likely my ISP, I've been monitoring my connection since yesterday and I see what looks like a connection issue this morning which caused the box to freeze (the red spike), I'll carry on monitoring it for a few days and see if I can figure it out.

b52c43af996d5428b1d80c2fbefec15b6be673c8-02-08-2017.png

I think it's more than likely my ISP, I've been monitoring my connection since yesterday and I see what looks like a connection issue this morning which caused the box to freeze (the red spike), I'll carry on monitoring it for a few days and see if I can figure it out.

b52c43af996d5428b1d80c2fbefec15b6be673c8-02-08-2017.png

Have you disabled the ISP blockers, parental controls etc?

I've done the Parental controls but not sure what ISP blockers are though?

Who is your ISP? Blockers are things like parental controls etc, if you can telll me who your ISP is I can tell you what you need to disable.

Back