Raymond van barney

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/darts/46261332
Another legend of the sport set to retire what a player he has been over the years :(y)::(y)::grimacing:

Barney Army! Always a favourite of mine but not been at his best last few years sadly. Every now and again you see the brilliance still.
To me he will always be the greatest Dutch darts player judged on his world title wins until MVG wins another 3 at least, in years to come nobody is going to remember the euro tour event's and other titles MVG has won only the amount of big ones.

I reckon his family life has had a big effect on his game lately, not sure if he has split from his wife as she Was usually at every event but not seen her for a long time now, I'm sure someone will update on this.

Yeah hes been battling diabeties for a while now and its seriously affected his vision etc and his wife was badly shaken up after a attempted robbery on her when barney was away playing etc :grimacing::(y):

Shame really but he will always be one of the greats him, Taylor and Paul Lim would make a mint doing exhibitions together.

Yeah he his definatly the Ronnie osullivan of darts thats for sure and phil taylor hated that he has the most effortless natural darts throwing action ever to be seen in the world of darts and MVG still cant overtake him for the the bigfish 170 checkout tally lol its rumoured they had a bet a while ago who could throw the most during a season thats why MVG keeps trying to take it out at every opportunity he can lol

As good as MVG is he wont over take Barney in the popularity stakes. The first year they played the premier league in Rotterdam the fans nearly blew the roof off with the walk-on. I was sat on the sofa and the hairs on my neck were stood up, can you imagine the atmosphere in there.
He was always a fan favourite before back in the day when they used to go to Scotland etc as all the rest were English players.
Not just a fan favourite but a legend of his game.

Back