Recording IPTV?

jazz

Any idea if you can record IPTV using a HDMI to scart converter? I have an old dvd/harddrive recorder with a scart input only.

Thanks. So what is the point of a HDMI to scart converter if they don't work? or am I missing something?

They're used to connect old tvs (without a hdmi connection) to newer (hdmi only) devices. I think you are going the wrong way about recording iptv. Firstly, what device are you using to play IPTV?

I am using a Zgemma H2H. Going back to the HDMI to Scart Converter, the HDMI socket is the input and the scart socket is the output?

Attachments

• HDMICONVERTER.jpg
    HDMICONVERTER.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 4
AFAIK the Scart Spec only allows up to 576 lines, so you would be taking a digital signal, converting it to a lower resolution analogue signal into your HDD recorder, which then converts it back to digital to record onto the hard drive. When you playback you again convert from digital to analogue to your TV.

If your IPTV box can record to an external HDD via USB and you don't use the old DVD/HDD for anything else, I 'd take the drive out of the HDD and get a USB to IDE or USB to SATA cable (depending on the hard drive). Then you can record digital straight to the HDD and playback without any analogue stage.

If your IPTV box can record to an external HDD via USB and you don't use the old DVD/HDD for anything else, I 'd take the drive out of the HDD and get a USB to IDE or USB to SATA cable (depending on the hard drive). Then you can record digital straight to the HDD and playback without any analogue stage.

:emoji_point_up_2::emoji_(y):

Back