Recording/Tuner Problem h2s

Dougie123

Hi, was looking for a bit of advice guys, totally new to this , my mate set my box up but when I try to record the channel I am watching then change channel the message "no free tuner " comes up and I can only switch between a couple of other channel and not the one that I want to watch? I have checked both cables from the dish and both are receiving a feed! I've swapped them back and forth on the back of the box between bottom right and top left connections and when I remove the top left it displays no signal on TV screen even when bottom right cable is plugged in! As I've said swapped cables back and forth and both give feed on top left input on box but not on bottom right......... Any help guys or girls would be totally appreciated as I'm at my wits end!!!
Cheers in advance....... Dougie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure both tuners are configured, go to menu, setup, service searching, tuner config, make sure both are the same, typically 28.2E
Failing that check your cable connections

Thanks for the reply gman, yip just checked , both set to 28.2e! Checked the feeds and they both seem to be working....i.e. Both send a signal to the box when they are connected to lnb in(top left f connection on back of box) but no feed on tuner A in (bottom right on back of box) so I'm taking it that I'm getting a signal through both cables? On the tuner configuration screen tuner A has:BCM7346(internal)(dvb-s2) and tuner B has: AVL6211(dvb-s2) both are 28.2e though ..... Wondering if that makes a difference mate?? As I said totally new to this and not got much of a clue!!! Sorry for that mate!! Any help though really appreciated!!! Thanks again!! Dougie.

I can't help with your problem, but in future can you name your threads with something that represents your problem, there is no point iin calling your thread Zgemma h2s - we can surmise what box you have, you are posting in the H2s section.
It means if someone has the same problem in future, they can use our search function, and see how you solved your problem.
Cheers,

wheelo

You might have a problem with your quad LNB. The horizontal & vertical polarities of the LNB might be breaking down when switching channels. How old is the dish & LNB?

Hi bangord, softcam is mgcamd.1.38, and jia the dish is only a few months old, had problems a while ago and sky came out changed out dish and feed all fine on my old sky box ! Cheers guys much appreciated!

Back