Recordings from hdd to laptop

Is there a way too get your recording onto laptop. I've tried plugging in my hdd direct and my laptop doesn't pic it up but works in my box

You need to use FTP to copy stuff across.
You also need to make sure your hdd is still mounted as /media/hdd now you've unplugged it and plugged it back in again.

Can you not access your box via your laptops network, make sure mini DNLA is running on your box

R.T.F.I

Cheers dude. I'm just installing FileZilla now. I'm going too have ask a noob question and what do mean mounted? My hdd is working in my box still for recording and downloading, not noticed a chance but best too make sure. Thanks dude

---------- Post Merged at 06:21 PM ----------

I'm not sure how too do that mate. Still a noob lol

ATV = Menu > InfoPanel > Plugins > Mount Manager
ViX = Menu > Setup > ViX > Mount Manager

Just make sure the hdd is mounted as /media/hdd and Ext4 R/W if you're using it for timeshift.

Can you not access your box via your laptops network, make sure mini DNLA is running on your box

R.T.F.I

I can access my box though my laptop but all it does is take me too a website

---------- Post Merged at 06:44 PM ----------

ATV = Menu > InfoPanel > Plugins > Mount Manager
ViX = Menu > Setup > ViX > Mount Manager

Just make sure the hdd is mounted as /media/hdd and Ext4 R/W if you're using it for timeshift.
Thanks again dude. It's still mounted luckily.

Can you access it by typing the IP address preceded by \\ in windows explorer? (like this \\192.168.0.??)

2016-12-19_174417.jpg

I'm not getting anything like that all that I'm picking up is miniDLNA sever in my network. I click on it takes me too a website stating what files on the box like 64 video files

---------- Post Merged at 07:10 PM ----------

Found it

I'm not getting anything like that all that I'm picking up is miniDLNA sever in my network. I click on it takes me too a website stating what files on the box like 64 video files

---------- Post Merged at 07:10 PM ----------

Found it

I access my recorded progs/films via ftp. in HDD>movies download the .ts file to folder of your choice and change file from .ts to .mp4

Back