1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Recovery Software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Barney bear, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:40 AM.

1. Barney bear

Barney bear Registered

Can anyone point me in the right direction for recovery software .... I accidently put an operating system on a hard drive by accident and I've lost all me photos and basically 10 years of work. .... I'm at the desperate stage now lol ....

Any help would be brilliant

Barney

2. biff2005

biff2005 TK Veteran

Male
    {Retail
    Other Side Of The Moon
    EaseUS Data Recovery worked for me a while back, takes ages though :(

3. Barney bear

Barney bear Registered

Cheers m8

Will give that a go this evening ..... as i said in me post im at the desperate stage lol

Thanks again

4. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

{bus driver
    Dublin
    The best thing you can do is to stop adding things to the computer until you are sorted.
    My experience is that most of the free programmes aren't great, and it may take a professional which is damned expensive.
    The program mentioned above is probably the best one out there, but try them all. I know it's too late now, but invest in an external hard drive for backup.

biff2005 likes this.
  5. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

Male
    {Electrician
    NW England
    Photorec
    Works great,
    Whatever you try,
    Most important thing is STOP using the pc, take the HDD out and put it in a caddy and use another pc to access it.