Red Steel 2 problems loading

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
redsteel2.jpg

okay guys, so I backed up this game and was having difficulties loading it, after searching around and also using a technique taught to me by sinno (cheers) I extracted an alt.dol and loaded the game using that.
you get a 3 minute movie showing you how to connect the Wii Motionplus controller, it then goes into the game and bobs your uncle.
each time after this, you dont have to use the alt.dol, just the first time to get the video to run.
if you are using the configurable loader, press A on the cover picture, then press 1, move the cursor bar down to the alt.dol line, then press right on the cross button until it reads player.dol, then press A to load.

For those of you who don't know how to do this, i have extracted the .dol
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9YS5SB8O
I hope this helps anyone who had problems loading this one

You can also download the save file for the game which let the Wii think you have already watched the video

I just got a hold of this myself but i notice the file is a .ciso file, does this work with wbfs manager aswell or is that just for .iso files?
I think i remember somebody posting about this before but i cant find it, thanks.

Is the game any good by the way?

to convert a .ciso to a .iso you need wii back up manager, you will get it here
Code:
http://www.4shared.com/file/187715114/ddd3e73d/WiiBackupManager033.html

1. you click "add" then browse to the right .ciso, then you add it
2. you then tick the checkbox beside the now added .ciso
3. you then click on transfer and you select "ISO" and it automatically changes it to a .iso file

any problems, just post back axxxo.
is it any good, well I am waiting on airmail to be resumed from Hong Kong to get my motion plus sensors
but a pal from work tells me that it is very addictive, so i have to presume that it is very good

Last edited:
Thanks wheelo, ill give it a crack tomorrow and let you know, the child has two of those motion things attached to the controllers already so im in business :)

edit: gave this game a go this morning, think i pulled a muscle in my shoulder swingin the dam sword all over the place :(
Reminds me of borderlands on the 360, high def video in between chapters is very jumpy playing from usb so dunno what thats about but gameplay is fine.

Last edited:
the backup manager is a handy little tool to have, as more and more compressed ISO's (.ciso) are being posted as they are by far smaller.

glad you managed it and you liked the game:gamer::gamer:

Thank you!!!

Dude I was looking for a download of that dol file for 3 hours. I just could not get my wii scrubber to extract that file, and this is exactly what I needed, thank you so much, YOU ROCK!

Back