RIP Oscar - a year today :(

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Beardies011.jpg

In loving memory of my bearded Dragon Oscar who i had to have put to sleep a year ago today, due to Cancer.

Still miss him terribly. Love you lots Oscar and still look at you out of my window every day
:mini lizard:

Thanks Anto yes does seem to have flown by. Just wished i could still give him a cuddle. No other beardie is the same. I hold them and have to give em back as i always think of Oscar. Sounds daft but they dont smell like him or feel like him.

Wow Linny, it's hard to believe it's a year already.

Even though I don't know you personally, the bond between yourself and Oscar is testament to fact that you must be one of the best natured people out there.

Hope the marking of the first year wasn't too difficult for you?

-

well i have thought of him all day suppose i was looking back at this day last year and thinking of exactly what happened and that that was the last ever cuddle as he went to sleep on my chest :(
I still have to have his photo on my pc and phone as screensavers, just cant let go. If i change them within a few mins i have to change them back, but yes its far easier to look at the photos and smile these days and remember how much we loved him, so miss him in a different way these days - if that sort of make sense.

Today has been a stressful day so sort of made it easier in the respect i had other things to deal with as well as think of Oscar, so yes it helped. If i had had nothing to do today or things had gone right i would have been sitting moping around all day.

Linny, I remember the day i first read about oscar, and it made me think that a lot of people have misconceptions about reptiles (myself included). i would never have believed that their could be a bond between man and reptile, but you have changed that which in my opinion is a testament to you and your kind heart, rather than anything in me.
Good to see that you are now able to think of the happy times, and not only the negative.
(y)

ah Wheelo thanks for those kind words. Glad i have changed how people see reptiles. People just saw them as nasty scaly or slimy things, but they are as loveable and adorable as any domestic animal. and snakes are not slimy at all.

Do yourselves a favour and next time you pass a reptile shop or pets at home (some have reps) go in take a look

Wow 1 year ago, doesn't time fly!, hope the day brought you good memories of Oscar's life and the 1 year mark didn't cause too much upset.

Best wishes Linny.

Do yourselves a favour and next time you pass a reptile shop or pets at home (some have reps) go in take a look

Next time I am over with my sister in law in Bexleyheath, I will look up your shop lol

you could be sorry you said that LOL

Sorry for being late Linny.I do remember the heartache you went through last year over Oscar Linny.
And it is your love and passion for the care of Animals as well as us people,That make you a very special person.Take care Linny and God Bless.RIP Oscar

Back