Satellite installation - any risk?

appro

Hi guys,

I'm a total noob and I'm just beginning to look into options (skybox etc). I don't have a satellite dish installed, so will need to find a local installer (Stockport - if anyone can recommend) to put up the dish. I know many people here put up their own dish, but I'd rather get a pro to do it.

Anyway, my concern is asking a pro to install a dish/cabling etc, going into the Skybox. Would they have a problem with this? I'm not sure of the legalities.

Also - can anyone point me to an idiots guide on flashing/gifts etc. I know there's a lot of into on these forums, but I'm struggling to find an overview of the absolute basics.

Your help (and patience) will be appreciated.

Regards,

Appro.

Hi Appro,

I got a satellite dish installed last year after I bought a Blade 5000s. The installer was a pro and had no issues in doing the job;as he said, he had installed many dishes for 'alternative receiver boxes'. I can't help with other parts of your post but I would suggest getting a pro. He was here and gone within 45 minutes and that included box set-up and a cup of tea!

Good luck.

roddy8

Hi I might be able to help with this my friend does dishes also skybox and zgemma so can do dish and box at same time message me can sort something out cheers

dont get a skybox spend more and get a good working one,and if you have vm as said you will get hd and if you get a sat dish could get a combo box.

Oh, I thought I needed a separate feed for the TV - so I can connect a cable box via the single VM cable?

As recommended get yourself a decent combo box your covered all three ways
1. cable
2. sat
3. iptv

cable relies on a signal if vm have issues so will you.kodi direct is like what android boxes have,network radio and other stuff.

If you do decide to get a dish installed, there's nothing wrong with using a skybox/openbox or any other kind of similar receiver. They can be used quite legally as FTA receivers, so long as you don't have your line installed at the time, you have nothing to worry about.

Back