SD card on H2s

Idledawn

Hi Guys
just wondered if any one happened to initialise /mount sd card on h2s at all with success?and could guide me
i currently use wifi dongle in rear ( oooops) and usb in front for epg . Running vix virtuosso with kiddac guidance Currently, i never tat too much as h2s runs a dream. But as things progress & u techwizards are always up for a challenge
would love to be able to close front flap where current usb is loaded
thankyou
idledawn

You just put it in and initialise the same as a USB. I've got EPG and swap on SD card and a USB in the back just for recordings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thankyou
could you just guide me , i can find way my round the box no probs , but don't tatt without knowing what im doing
step by step guide if u could please, im sure ive tried in the past
thanx

It's not simple on ViX as the microsd doesn't appear in Mount Manager.
I formatted mine to Ext4 on my PC with Partition Wizard.
There's a bit of a guide here.
Although the drive won't appear in Mount Manager, you can still select it for swap file, epg, timeshift etc.

I also had trouble reading the SD card and was unable to format it in the SD card slot on the Zgemma. so I used a usb SD card reader in the zgemma to format the card.

Hi rositers
Did that do the job with the sd card ?
so did you initialise it on the h2s via the usb port
or can u give me step by step guide please
thanx

Problem is its not an easy fix as it can be done but in VIX the mount is not recognised and hence the option to "use as HDD" is not available so this leads to a laborious set up procedure.
my method is here > http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/83341-sd-card-setup-2.html#post512281

also Limekings has a guide which he did for the zgemma h2h. > http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/84180-sd-card-setup-h-2h.html

NOW with Wooshbuild it is much easier the mount is recognised and "use as HDD" makes it simple. I recommend you reflash to Wooshbuild and when working
change to a pre formated sd card. I am using a wifi dongle in the back slot and sd card in the side slot. a sandisk 64gb and it has worked fine. Recording, epg & time shift,
plus backup. Only thing it seemed to setup better when I preformated it to EXT3 and then initialised it. Give it a go you can always go back to VIX!

Back