sd card setup

H2H 3.2.030 firmware here. 64gig Sandisk SD card, been stuck at 50% for about 30-40 minutes now. That said, in my 2S box a 16gig USB stick did take quite a while - I seem to remember perhaps 3-5 minutes but nothing like this baby...

---------- Post Merged at 07:23 PM ----------

Ok, Openvix 3.2.030 as above, just whacked the micro-sd into an sd adaptor and into front usb port. Initialised in a few seconds then perhaps 30 seconds to create file system. Took out micro sd and put it back in side and created swap file on it and all is well.

Don't know what causes it to get stuck at 50% in the side, but there is a bodge/fix if you've got a USB<>SD<>microSD adaptor kit lying about.

Actually not sure it is worth the effort. In the end you can't use can't use it as a recording location as the pvr won't allow you to choose any other device except media/hdd which is the rear USB device... So I've got a working 64gig sd card with about 200 meg of files on it..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Actually not sure it is worth the effort. In the end you can't use can't use it as a recording location as the pvr won't allow you to choose any other device except media/hdd which is the rear USB device... So I've got a working 64gig sd card with about 200 meg of files on it..
Did you try mounting it as meida/hdd,media/hdd2 or media/usb in Mounts Manager\Device Manager on ATV found via the blue button God knows how you set it in Vix sorry. As I said works fine with ATV and everyone so far having problems with Vix.........

Hi. Yes indeed. It is happily are yup for swap files epg storage etc. But in openviz there is no option to change the recording path. Of course I could alias mount it but imo I shouldn't need to..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I always wondered how vix was such a small resource footprint compared to ATV....it's cause half of it's bloody missing!!! ROFL Just waiting for the line to come in......:fishing:Once I've lit the fuse how far do i need to run.....hell all the vix lovers on here I'll be needing a new home lol

Sd mount running vix

I'm having the same problem running vix, can anyone confirm sdcard works with openatv before I reflash it

Hi Guy's,
Just wondering if an sd card is initialised with open atv on the box. Will it still work if the box is flashed with vix for daily use?

Thanks
Mick

SD card mounted working: Movies, EPG, Swap, Time shift, in VIX Zgemma-Star.H-2s

This is a work around the dreaded 50% hang up when initialising to mount a micro-SD card.
After spending 12 quid on a 64gb Sandisk card I was determined to get some use out of it!

1. format card as "Ext4" with "Mini Tool Partition Wizard Free" or similar but must be Ext4 format.

2. insert card and go: Menu - Setup - System - Storage Devices - File system check - OK - select your card - OK File system is checked and Mounted, takes just a few minutes.
Alas the mount is not seen in VIX- Mount. menu, so its not a quick fix, to select, use as hdd. so on we go .

3. Using FileZilla go to dir, media/ and if successful see "mmcblk0p1" that what my card came up as.

4. Not all the required sub directories will be there, but you can soon do that in FileZills , right click and make in turn: timeshift, movie, crossepg, backup, imagebackups, lost+found (think "lost+found" may be there already) and xbmc, and IPTVcache, if you are setting up Kodi or IPTV. These and any others can be added as required.

5.Now, because its not possible to set "use as hdd" You must go through and edit all the settings that you want to write to the SD card. changing the directory to: media/mmcblk0p1/xxxxx
xxxxx = choose destination dir to match the setting.
a) Vix swap. b) Time shift. c) Record and Playback settings, 3x entries Default, Timer, Instant. d) Backup. e) Image Backup. f) EPG (located@ Menu - setup - system - EPG - settings - EPG Location.) g) Cross EPG (located@ Menu - Setup -System - EPG -Cross EPG -Configure - Storage Device - select "External storage mmcblk0p1" green to save) and KODI and IPTV settings if you use them, there will probably others I don't use but you get the gist of what's needed.

6) Best to do a settings back-up first, and definitely one when your done to save all your hard work.

If you are not familiar with the in's and outs of the file and menu systems, you will be after all this!

SD card mounted working: Movies, EPG, Swap, Time shift, in VIX Zgemma-Star.H-2s

Last edited:
yes its vix. It must be a common fault with the zgemma's when it comes to micro sd freeze up formatting. found a thread about this after i posted. Hopefully might be able to get something sorted. cheers for the info.

I had this problem too, with a genuine Sandisk 16GB card. Stuck on 50/100 "waiting for partition". This is on an H.2H using sucmnsee's Sly image.

I tried formatting it to Ext4 using a USB reader on my Linux laptop, then into the side of the box and tried a "File system check" - same problem, "waiting for partition" at 50/100.

I got it working by using the card reader in the rear USB port on the box, initialized it, box off, into the side of the box, box on. It then automounted and all's good!

Back