1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

SD channels quality

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by channelking, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

1. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

This has bugged me for some time but I really hope someone can advise.

I have seen SD quality on normal sly and VM look pretty decent and even good. But on my TM nano 3T picture quality is atrocious. So pixelated just not clear.

How is it for others?

On a bigger 4k tv seems worse. Is there no way to upscale SD to improve the quality and to get rid of the pixelation as really SD channels are unwatchable compared to before?

2. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Sd channels are good quality on my Sony bravia 4k tv mate on sly and on my iptv

channelking likes this.
  3. kegnkiwi

kegnkiwi Registered

I always think the pictures looks far better on non sky boxes than on sky.

4. gilvey

gilvey Registered

Sd quality is shite on sly channels. I think they want you to pay extra for or HD. Bt sports ad aren't very good either

5. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

How is that mate.

As I got a 4k tv yesterday and SD looks awful.

Both sly and cable SD channels look terrible.

Any suggestion as how to improve it mate? Any change in settings?

Cant understand how those who have 50"+ 4k tvs with legit sly and cable boxes have such good SD quality.

Just cant understand what to do to improve it.

6. bazcfc1

I use brass ended hdmi have my box set to multi 50/60ghz my sky box on 1080i mate

channelking likes this.
  7. meadow24

meadow24 Forum Supporter

Male
    {Joiner
    Manchester
    I've always set my box as 1080p what's the difference with 1080i

channelking likes this.
  8. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

Ye mine are also proper HDMI cables and have 50ghz refresh rate and 1080i as well.

You mean sky box as original?

9. bazcfc1

Yeah mate got basic package with them for missus

channelking likes this.
  10. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

I always have an argument with people when quality is the problem with hdmi cables.I have many inferior bad picture quality hdmi cables that come with box as picture is not sharp,crisp and hazy.I bought many over priced monster cables for everything and picture quality is better and sharper + use their green power home theatre which cleans bad power feed.
    I do also wonder how good your sat,cable,freeview feeds are as that can also have a bearing on picture.

channelking and bazcfc1 like this.
  11. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

Ye not sure how on normal legit boxes SD looks so good but on my third party box its is utter crap.

So my HDMI cable and Sat/cable feeds could be issue?

Plus I am using proper original Sly HDMI from my original sly box.

I am not even sure now.

Would have done anything to try to improve SD quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019 at 12:05 AM
  12. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

I would get a better hdmi cable first to start with.Amiko boxes have a better quality picture over e2 boxes,All my boxes are e2 except for a saorview box.Pixelation could be signal issue if blocky bad on cable i had a bad cable feed connection giving me issues repaired cable connection and all good again until my blank screen.

channelking likes this.
  13. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

I have mate paid quite a bit for HDMI cables. Not worth paying more its just pointless mate.

Didnt realise Amiko boxes were great picture quality compared to E2 box.

Cant explain it. Its pixelation but also just looks crap. Not crisp and sharp SD channels.

Checked Signal strength on SD on sly and VM its high.

14. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Ohh you are using a good quality hdmi good,sd wont be crisp and sharp like hd on sly as they like to downgrade quality hoping for you to upgrade.
    Thinking sd on vm was better as far as i can remember over sky.Is it sat and cable bad or only one and quality cable feeds and connections in use?

gilvey and channelking like this.
  15. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

Well think its good HDMI:emoji_smile:

Its gold HDMI

But mate SD compared to SD on official sly and VM is appalling. That is issue. Shouldnt be like that.

SD is bad on sat and cable.

IS there nothing I can do to improve it?

16. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

No thats not right,can you try in a different place even on tv or a mates place.
    So you have 2 providers boxes sky and vm and both ok pictures but not on the e2 box?