Server Problems 11/12/2016

anything thats down is purely server issues, if a big server goes down then a lot of people who have bought their lines from different resellers will be effected.

stick to a small private server and youre fine, had no issues at all on my box :-)

Finding a "small private server" is very hard. Most people go with the cheapest.

anything thats down is purely server issues, if a big server goes down then a lot of people who have bought their lines from different resellers will be effected.

stick to a small private server and youre fine, had no issues at all on my box :-)
Any server can go down even if its backed up,many factors can cause it so if its a big or a small server makes no difference

Some have gone down again !!
One of the servers in question has just done a complete system reboot.
Do not fill this thread full of useless posts again !!!!!!

Last edited:
No problems here. Good luck.

---------- Post Merged at 08:46 PM ----------

Any server can go down even if its backed up,many factors can cause it so if its a big or a small server makes no difference

It makes a BIG difference!!!!!!!!!!! Big reseller servers are linked together. One goes down and they all go down. Its called a network. PMSL

Id rather be with a big server than a bedroom server;)

you don't need to be a "bedroom server" to run a good server. my point was that a lot of sellers use big servers and simply resell the lines at a profit. ask them whats happening and theyll be waiting for their provider to give them an answer before they can honestly let you know whats going on. thats if their provider gives them an honest answer rather than the usual ddos attack or similar :-)

Finding a "small private server" is very hard. Most people go with the cheapest.

they do indeed, then moan for the next few moths or try to find a replacement ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 08:46 PM ----------

It makes a BIG difference!!!!!!!!!!! Big reseller servers are linked together. One goes down and they all go down. Its called a network. PMSL[/QUOTE]

theres no" network" lol, a lot of resellers buy lines from the same server, they have no idea how many are on it, they just get a good price for reselling.

Last edited:
you don't need to be a "bedroom server" to run a good server.
I dont beleive i said a bedroom server cant run a good server?But when things go tits may not have the substance/access to what a big server has/can do/get.

Ive had my fair share of poor reseller servers and so have most people on here. They have the same excuses. Thats my point.

If your happy then good luck to you.

Ive had my fair share of poor reseller servers and so have most people on here. They have the same excuses. Thats my point.

If your happy then good luck to you.
I know its hard but real servers are about bud keep looking;)

Just an update---servers did not suddenly go down, the hosts actually were affected causing the servers to stop serving.Independent hosts and servers were not affected. No one has confirmed yet but it is being rumoured that it was caused by a well timed hack and more are said to be coming.
Reaper.

Last edited:
did I miss armageddon yesterday?

Sorry this thread did make me laugh, as soon as a line goes down you see scaremongers posting comments of the type 'sly has stopped all SD channels' and 'this is the end of SLY' etc. and panic kicks in.

I must of missed all the fun. No problems here as my provider is not a re-seller i would rather pay the extra i have been with the same guy for 3 years and never had any problems. I tend to use iptv most of the time as i can get everything in HD but if the kids and the Mrs are messing around on the pc and xbox one i go back to my sat box

Dont post for 2 days and look what happens lol

Just to add mine was fine and never dropped at all.

Fuss about nothing? lol

---------- Post Merged at 12:09 PM ----------

Just to add, why Sky cut off service on a Sunday anyhow? lol

Back