Set Record location to PC

Alfadaz

I have got a H.2S box setup nicely with Wooshmans build etc.

As it's working so well i am planning to get a few more.

In stead of having to get an external HDD for each one. Is it possible to change the recording location to a PC on my network and just keep a smaller USB drive for the EPG etc?

My PC is 'always on' as it's as a glorified NAS/Plex box. It's running Windows 10.

TIA

Daz

Am on atv so should be similar
Press blue
Mounts
Network browser
That should search for devices on your network when it finds them you can then mount it to your box.
I seen freeuk with a good set up if you get stuck maybe ask him for some advice.

Thanks guys.

I had a look at the video which is what prompted my question in the first place...

I have browsed the network on my zgemma and can see my PC, but cannot see my shared folder. (I have shared the folder on Windows 10 for everyone.)

When i click on my PC, it asks for a username/password. I put in my username, but i don't have a password, so i have left that blank.

This is what i expected to see when i browsed my PC.
Capture.JPG

Daz

Yep, realise that.

This is what i expected to see under my PC, but when i click on my PC it doesn't list anything.

Daz

All sorted.

Looks like you need to have a password set (I don't on my main account so it can auto reboot as scheduled and I can reboot it remotely.

I have set up a new user with a password and all is working [emoji1303]

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Alfadaz: Yes, seen that before. One thing you can do is put a password on your main account (probably a good idea) but set Windows to auto-login (there are guides online) and to not require password when waking from sleep/locked screen.

The usability is the same as not having a password but you do actually have one in place for ocasions like this - which is probably a good idea anyway if you have shared folders, TBH.

Hey zfa, yep your right I should set it up like that. It used to be on a closed network so security wasn't an issue, but as its on my main network now, I really should set one.

Daz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back