Setting up / Pointing Satellite & Openbox

Hi Team,

I need some guidance on the menu and usage of openbox with a satellite i did not set up.

Currently i have a large dish (1m+?) that came with the house we just moved into.
All wired up but stationary so manual movement.

A quick random scan has brought hundreds of Chinese channels, unfortunately I would like English ones.

I had a look thru openbox figured out that if you tick a satellite on the list it will scan it, so far i ticked all 59... and its been scanning for an hour or so.

My query is if someone has a guide for a first time set up (thought open box i think is already preset up from ebay). or can walk me though on how to point it a different satellite, just want to get something watchable (free channels for now, will look into the cccam stuff later)

PS reason being i have no internet in this home.

My location is Australia WA (west side)

You need to check what satellites are available in australia and pickup a cheap sat finder off ebay and you can then just reposition the dish at the correct satellite

You need to check what satellites are available in australia and pickup a cheap sat finder off ebay and you can then just reposition the dish at the correct satellite
Okay so after more googling i have found Optus D1, which has 160E 11300 Freq, so as long as i point it at exactly that spot i should get signal?

Back