Sky Channel Query

AxxxxA

Hi Guys,

I've just gone down the zgemma h52tc route with me having VM available however a friend is quite impressed with the setup and wants to get in on the act. unfortunately he only has sky available, no vm in his area and has been told that no sky sport or movies are available if he goes down the line route. is this correct and if so what other option does he have.

cheers

I think you get the sport but only in sd but no movies. He could go down the IPTV route and he would get all channels including USA and 3 o clock kick offs which will give him way more channels than cable and the quality is pretty good now. For movies and tv shows you can always use the free e2i player you get on enigma 2 boxes.

If he has no virgin but has a sat dish then he can go down that route but he will not get any 'SKY' branded channels, so no sky sports or movies, no sky one or atlantic etc.

Another option for him would be IPTV as @formandvoid has mentioned above

This is what's available on sly New Channels List Sky 28.2e

1/10/18 NEW

Channels Open On Sky 28.2e
May need a gift to open all these channels

Alibi
Alibi ireland
Alibi +1
AMC from BT
Animal Planet
Animal Planet +1
At the races
B4U Movies
Boomerang
Boomerang +1
Boxnation
BT Sports 1
BT Sports 2
BT Sports 3
BT Sports extra 1 - 6
BT Sport/ ESPN
Cartoon Network
Channel 4
Channel 4 +1
CN +1
Comedy Central Ireland
Comedy Central +1
Comedy Central Extra Ireland
Comedy Central Extra +1
Dave
Dave ja vu
Discovery History
Discovery History +1
Discovery Science
Discovery Science +
Discovery Turbo
Discovery
Discovery Shed
Discovery +1
DMAX
DMAX +1
E!
E! Ireland
E! +1
E4
E4 +1
EDEN
EDEN +1
EIR Sport 1
EIR Sport 2
EIR Sport 2 HD
Film 4
GOLD
GOLD Ireland
GOLD +1
Good Food
Good Food +1
Home
Home +1
Home and Health
Home and Health +1
ID
ID Ireland
ID +1
Insight HD
ITV Encore
ITV Encore +1
ITV 2 HD
ITV 3 HD
ITV 4 HD
London Live
Made in BHAM
Made in Bristol
Made in Cardiff
Made in Liverpool
Made in Leeds
Made in TN&WR
More 4
Motorsport TV
Movies 24
Movies 24 +
MTV
MTV +1
MTV Ireland
MTV BASE
TV CLASSIC
MTV DANCE
MTV HITS
MTV MUSIC
MTV MUSIC IRELAND
MTV MUSIC +1
MTV ROCKS
MUTV HD
Nick JR Too
Nick JR Too Ireland
Nick JR Ireland
Nickelodeon Ireland
Nicktoons Ireland
Notts TV
Premier Sports HD
Premier Sports
Quest Red +1
Quest +1
Racing UK
Racing UK HD
Really
Really Ireland
Sony Channel
Sony Channel +1
Sony Max
Sony Mix
Sony Movies
Sony Movies +1
SONY SAB
SONY TV
STAR GOLD
STAR LIFE OK
STAR PLUS
STAR UTSAV
STV 2 Edinburgh
STV 2
Syfy
Syfy +1
TCM +1
TLC
TLC Ireland
TLC +1
TLC +2
Universal
Universal Ireland
Universal +1
VH1
W
W Ireland
W +1
XRATED 40+
Yesterday
Yesterday +1
Zee Tv
For sports and movies you would have to add iptv for those

cheers guys, i will pass it on.
thanks very much...

Just another quick question regards IPTV if i may.
ive had a dabble with it before but wasn't impressed as every time i open the software (Smartiptv) the channels and groups seem to change around and you could never find anything)
now the stupid question, if i was to add iptv onto my zgemma, would i be able to use the current skin to access the channels or i is there a built in software for IPTV.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
would i be able to use the current skin to access the channels
Yes
is there a built in software for IPTV.
Yes as well. Different suppliers will offer you different solutions. You can specifically request a supplier that adds the channels to your bouquets if that's how you want it to work. I personally have 2 suppliers, 1 gives me bouquets and the other loads the channels into an app that you load up which is separate to your normal skin.

cool i like the idea of just using the current skin. more user friendly i guess. what exactly do you need to look or ask for when acquiring one.. i didn't have much of a choice when getting my current one as it was just a cheapy from the bay that only works with a specific mac on my amazon box.

Just another quick question regards IPTV if i may.
ive had a dabble with it before but wasn't impressed as every time i open the software (Smartiptv) the channels and groups seem to change around and you could never find anything)
now the stupid question, if i was to add iptv onto my zgemma, would i be able to use the current skin to access the channels or i is there a built in software for IPTV.
cheers
I use quite a few Zgemma's and other enigma 2 boxes and I use Open Atv 6.2 image or wooshbuild Infinity with suls plugin and it works very well.For this you would need to request a supplier that can give you the m3u url and the epg url and once you have the image of your choice installed you can download everything you need to set it up from the plugins menu.

Back