Sky dish installation

Anth1

been asked to instal a sky dish for freeview.
Is there any minimum hieght ?
They live in a bungalow so looking at dish being about head hight.
Will this be effected by buildings in the area? There is a small garden and on neighbouring properties so the buildings won’t be right near the dish.
The only other installation points would be on the chimney or on the cable end
On a pole to lift it above the eaves.
What advice can you give? Any way to do a temporary set up without bolting to the wall to check signal stength ?

You could stick in in a flower pot on the ground so the poeple in the bunglelow have easy access to it. All you need to do is make sure nothing is blocking the line of site. The signal comes down about the pitch of a standard roof.

as long as you have clear view of 28.2e sat, then any height will do,

if you have an Android phone download
Satellite AR

My dish is on front of my house at the side of daughters bedroom window mines not all that high but seen some on poles to get signal but in your thread you say for freeview if so wouldn't a tv areal be better

If only don’t know any that have line of sight without some building in way down the line
if the dish doesnt have clear line of sight to the satellite you will NOT get a signal,
download that app I suggested, the satellite is a lot higher than you may think
its not a direct line from the dish through the LNB, its a reflected angle, think of a snooker ball bouncing off a cushion

my dish is only about 14 feet high

I live on a hill facing south and my neighbours bedroom windows are level with my fence. I can use the smallest of dishes and get great signals are ground level.40ft with a church in the way does not sound good.

They want sky freeview as the choice of channels is more also option to record.
I use the dish align app seems very good and I have a cheap meter for fine ajuustment.
It’s a corner house and the neighbouring property faces at right angle to this one that’s a semi and they have a dish below the bedroom window. I proberly have over estimated how near the church is. There is houses I can see from the back garden also face the church and have dishes below bedroom window hight. But they all have the hight the bunglow doesn’t.

They want sky freeview as the choice of channels is more also option to record.
I use the dish align app seems very good and I have a cheap meter for fine ajuustment.
It’s a corner house and the neighbouring property faces at right angle to this one that’s a semi and they have a dish below the bedroom window. I proberly have over estimated how near the church is. There is houses I can see from the back garden also face the church and have dishes below bedroom window hight. But they all have the hight the bunglow doesn’t.

download that app I advised,
it will use your camera to show any obstacles in the way

Back