Sky f1

Where to begin? Its been going downhill for years. The coverage is very one-sided. Pretty much the Lewis Hamilton show. Ted Kravitz is probably the only presenter who earns their money.

Shame C4 only get to show half the races. Far better presenting and more insightful commentary.

@asmad You will find if you watch the full build up from when it comes on to the end they discuss everything don't get me wrong most of time it is about Hamilton and vettel as there in a title race like PL is always about city Liverpool spurs Chelsea as title contenders as for channel 4 they show all race highlights and certain races if you dont like commentary or anything else watch it on mute lol

well the F1 channel is missing for me -- maybe he has the same prob ?? (zgemma h2h - all other channels working)

------- Edit

A rescan of channels/epg, update of software has brought the channel back.. :)

Last edited:
@asmad You will find if you watch the full build up from when it comes on to the end they discuss everything don't get me wrong most of time it is about Hamilton and vettel as there in a title race like PL is always about city Liverpool spurs Chelsea as title contenders as for channel 4 they show all race highlights and certain races if you dont like commentary or anything else watch it on mute lol

The OP asked what was wrong with Sky F1. I gave an opinion. I watch both Sky and C4's coverage. Personally I prefer C4 when they show the full race. I've watched the sport for decades and there have been a lot of changes in that time. IMHO, Sky's contract to be the only provider has done more damage to the sport than anything else during this time.

I used to pay sky a lot of money every month to keep my f1 channel. No real interest in the other sky sports channels so I was forced to keep my legacy sky package at a higher monthly price to keep the F1 sports channel and not have to pay for the rest. I would of watched their coverage from start to finish. (Or at least until Teds notebook was finished.)

Commentary on F1 peaked with Murray Walker but I do think Crofty on sky can be a good commentator. Martin Brundle is simply OK and not particularly insightful. David Coulthard brings a lot to C4's coverage and Ben Edwards commentary is a lot better.

Not all the problems in the sport are Sky's fault. I believe the sport itself needs some major changes. From next year we'll all be forced to watch Sky's coverage but I doubt they'll continue to be the sole broadcaster from 2024 in the UK and Ireland.

The OP asked what was wrong with Sky F1. I gave an opinion. I watch both Sky and C4's coverage. Personally I prefer C4 when they show the full race. I've watched the sport for decades and there have been a lot of changes in that time. IMHO, Sky's contract to be the only provider has done more damage to the sport than anything else during this time.

I used to pay sky a lot of money every month to keep my f1 channel. No real interest in the other sky sports channels so I was forced to keep my legacy sky package at a higher monthly price to keep the F1 sports channel and not have to pay for the rest. I would of watched their coverage from start to finish. (Or at least until Teds notebook was finished.)

Commentary on F1 peaked with Murray Walker but I do think Crofty on sky can be a good commentator. Martin Brundle is simply OK and not particularly insightful. David Coulthard brings a lot to C4's coverage and Ben Edwards commentary is a lot better.

Not all the problems in the sport are Sky's fault. I believe the sport itself needs some major changes. From next year we'll all be forced to watch Sky's coverage but I doubt they'll continue to be the sole broadcaster from 2024 in the UK and Ireland.
I like sky coverage of it but as you say they needs to be major improvements made within the sport its self Murray walker is a true legend in f1 for his commentary 1 World class commentator don't like Paul Di resta I like Crofty and Ted kravitz hopefully the American investors can make an improvement but with the power that sky has over it don't think anyone will be able to compete with them

@martin bundle. When he does his grid walk he always wears

Richard Mille ( watches).
His watches cost more than my house..

I like sky coverage of it but as you say they needs to be major improvements made within the sport its self Murray walker is a true legend in f1 for his commentary 1 World class commentator don't like Paul Di resta I like Crofty and Ted kravitz hopefully the American investors can make an improvement but with the power that sky has over it don't think anyone will be able to compete with them

Gotta agree about Paul Di Resta. Always sounds like he's angry! (Not knocking the Scots lol) And Nico Rosberg was/is like a personality black hole. Susie Wolf is a great presenter on C4. Some of her insights into Toto's mindset are pure gold!

Fingers crossed the new regulations and the new owners can continue to improve the sport. Not everything they've tried so far has been for the better, but at least they're trying something new.

Gotta say, I think Suzuka has been one of the most enjoyable race in the past few months. Hope Austin can deliver another good one.

Back