Sky Q lnb with 4 outputs

readychef

Hi All,
I hope you's can help me please.
I have sky q and my father lives in a log cabin in my back garden.
My father wants sky q as a separate subscription. Is it possible to run both subs off the same dish.
I hope that makes sense. We've tried to stream to a sky mini receiver but the internet is not very good in the cabin. So he needs to have a separate subscription from mine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
readychef.

there would be a lot of cable if I was to connect the cabin to the router as it is in the front of the house and he wouldn't use the internet for anything else. I hope this make sense.

wonder if homeplugs could be used or is on a different property/ring?
That's the weird thing... Im using homeplugs but its still hit and miss... I was wondering could I put an lnb arm on the end of the dish and put two sky q lnbs on it ??... Use see sky say they wont (cant ) drill through the cabin that they're not insured to do so and I don't really want to put up another dish...

Hybrid lnb will only allow a sky q box and say an openbox to work,if your lnb has more connections then yes its possible to run another cable to it.
nothing stopping you in drilling into cabin to route your cables.
A sat installer can drill through anything lol,how well do your windows close on cabin as there are special flat cable adapter for window use?

Hybrid lnb will only allow a sky q box and say an openbox to work,if your lnb has more connections then yes its possible to run another cable to it.
nothing stopping you in drilling into cabin to route your cables.
A sat installer can drill through anything lol,how well do your windows close on cabin as there are special flat cable adapter for window use?
Thanks Cactikid .... that's exactly what im going to do. Im going to use the flat cable for windows and doors. But I don't want to put another dish up. The sky q lnb that's on the dish now only has the two outputs and that's why I was thinking of the hybrid lnd so I could run the two extra cables needed for the cabin (for the extra Sky q subscription)

Cant understand how the cant drill a 14mm hole in a log cabin and seal with
The proper filler Have you considered external Ethernet cable for your internet connection

Cant understand how the cant drill a 14mm hole in a log cabin and seal with
The proper filler Have you considered external Ethernet cable for your internet connection
I know it doesn't make sense they can drill through a thick brick wall but " wont touch (that's what they said lol)" a log cabin....
The problem is where the router is.... Its a whole lot of cable to run... I was hoping that I could just use a hybrid lnb or maybe even a lnb arm and put two sky q lnbs on the on dish that way ... would that be possible ??

I would install a seperate dish zone 1
Or zone 2 depending how far north you
Live. Easy enough to install long as you
Have a clear line off sight from buildings and trees standard sky set up
Might be the way forward due to your
Internet set up

No ask sky if they do a bigger lnb that takes more cable simple,if you only have a twin and both are used you need a quad lnb for both sky q boxes

Also depends on the length off satellite cable you need to run from your exisiting sattelite twin cable wf 65 can be run in lengths up to 30 ms wf 100 50ms any more length could case signal lose You also can use wf125 which can be underground it can be
Installed in much greater lengths with
out signal lose

if you're running sat cable from house to cabin, why not ethernet cable, have it coming out of the house where the router is and round the outside so it's not trailing through the house.

Another option may be a good wifi repeater/access point located towards the back of the house to see if he gets a better wifi connection.

Sky will only allow one Q box per house, this includes more than one person living at the house so you cannot have 2 accounts and 2 Q boxes, they won't work as "even if" you managed to talk Sky into fitting them they just wouldn't work as they would clash with each other, the mini Q boxes would be trying to communicate with the main one and getting confused as to which it was, and the 2 Q boxes would clash with each other as they all use wifi to communicate locally.
Sky will supply a Hybrid LNB if you ask them at the time of the booking so you can use other boxes at the same time as Q

Back