SKY Q Satellite Dish

newbie_k

Hi,

I've got a Sky Q Satellite dish with a single LNB but now require a new connection of this existing dish for my V8s box. I've been reading about a hybrid LNB but would this do the job for me? i've spoken to an engineer who said this isn't possible but just want confirmation on whether it is.

Thanks

If you replace the SkyQ lnb with an hybrid lnb then you will be able to use your V8s has well as skyQ. but will need to run a new cable for it.

like this?

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-Q-MK4-HYBRID-6-WAY-LNB-For-Q-Sky-HD-/272378429364?hash=item3f6b04ffb4:g:EiYAAOSwgY9XeTdv

Does the job.Ordered 1 for someone a while ago and works perfectly.You have 2 outputs for skyq and 4 for your v8s or any other box you want to connect.And if your dish is a reachable height you can swap it yourself and run extra cables from it.

Apparently (too late for you, I know), if you tell the engineer you still want to run a freesat box, they put a hybrid LNB in for you.

Not sure how true that is but I've heard it from a few.

When I had SkyQ installed I told him that I have a freesat box in the bedroom that I want to remain working, he trotted off to his van and got a different LNB and installed that instead, no bother at all, and my "freesat" boxes still work.

Back