Skybox F5 all channels Scrambled!!

scrambled issue

Hi guys im looking for a bit of help or advice if anyone can spare a few minutes. I have an openbox v5s ( same as skybox i believe). I have all the latest firmware and channel guide installed. I have the box working perfect BUT
if i turn off or reset my router i loose all the pay channels, they show scrambled and it usually takes about 20 restarts of my router and the box to get them restored again.It seems to be a network issue because i have
checked all the usual things suggested here, ie. i have no you tube access etc. Nothing else in the house has an issue connecting to the router only the box. The box by the way as i said works flawless provided i dont have a power cut etc.
Basically what im asking is would it more likely be a crappy router or is it an ongoing problem that everyone has. Also just to note im not using wireless, thanks for your time, alan.

Ps feel free to move this to openbox section i just posted here because it was most relevant to my issue when i was reading through the forum.

Last edited:
...if i turn off or reset my router i loose all the pay channels, they show scrambled and it usually takes about 20 restarts of my router and the box to get them restored again...

Instead of restarting your router over & over again, have you tried just restarting your V5s after the first router restart? It may need a restart to get it to obtain the correct IP address.

Is DHCP set to "ON" on the V5s?

Do as Kremmen says but also check your line to see if it's online or offline---ensure it's ticked then restart box not router as every time you switch router on and off you lose connection to server.
Also, if your box is plugged into a switchable single socket then switch box on/off there instead of unplugging [ my electrician fitted my box power line with an inline switch because I use multi plug sockets]
Reaper.

thanks for the advice guys, so i tried doing what was suggested just restating the box only, this didnt work after 4 restarts. still no youtube or weather etc either so also line says offline also. After about the 10th restart of my router it came unscrambled.
Also when i say restarted the box i tried both hard reset and just standby. It seems the only solution is many many resets of the router until it eventually works. I do nothing different just restart the router if it doesnt unscramble after say 2 mins. then like magic sometimes after 5 or 10 or2 times it will instantly unscramble on a router restart. weird huh

Hi im new to this and this question may have been asked alot of times but i recently putchased a skybox f5 and putchased a 12 month gift wich worked fine for 2 months. Now only the free view channels work and i went on CCcam.ctg and the green tick is there but it says login? Need abit of advice of what i can do this fix this if any1 could pm me. Much appreciated cheers SH

Hi im new to this and this question may have been asked alot of times but i recently putchased a skybox f5 and putchased a 12 month gift wich worked fine for 2 months. Now only the free view channels work and i went on CCcam.ctg and the green tick is there but it says login? Need abit of advice of what i can do this fix this if any1 could pm me. Much appreciated cheers SH

try contact your supplier why your lines are off

Hi
I've bought one of these boxes off EBay, twice in 3 months has it gone to scrambled channels.
It generally takes ages for the host to get back to me so I'm wondering if someone could message me the details of a good reliable server host.
Thanks

Hi I recently bought openbox v5s, with 24m gift, it worked 2 days but just now , all channels scrambled ,, I checked DHCP IS ON, also showing green tick in network
anyone can help please
thanks

Hi. I have same problem with skybox F5S. Some paid channels are scrambled. I uploaded the software via RS232. But no joy. Line showing me connected. But some channels are not coming. Pls Pls help me.
Thanks in advance

Hi I had this problem last week I was told to check my cabling from my sky dish ,that was the problem the cable had come loose at the back of the skybox f5 .tidied up the connection all perfect now .hopes this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I had this problem last week I was told to check my cabling from my sky dish ,that was the problem the cable had come loose at the back of the skybox f5 .tidied up the connection all perfect now .hopes this helps

Thanks for replay airbag. I just checked all the cable. Cables are fine. Just some channels are scrambled. Specially Sly sports and movies.

problems with sky f5 box

I bought a 12month gift off ebay after reading the threads on here I regret it now and wont do it again. Anyway I put it on today it was working fine for about 4 hours and now all the channels are saying scrambled!! I only get freeview channels. The server says its offline then goes to login. my Internet settings are enabled and the Internet has ni problems on my end. I am really confused as to whats going on. Can anyone help please or even recommend anyone who I can buy a gift pack off. Thankyou

Fella sounds like the gift that you bought is dogdey look on here there's plenty of people on here for gifts just get one month to month that's what I do as I got ripped off on flea bay it's so annoying

I have a Openbox (F5 i think), for the past few days all the sky channels have been scrambled, i bought the box of ebay, not sure if i can mention the guy so i wont (yet), can anyone offer any suggestions. Everything looks ok, that i know of. Cheers in advance.

chase2501 & apwbee...check the youtube app first to make sure that you have an internet connection. If you get a list of clips when you select a catagory on the left hand column, then your connection is OK.

If your subs have run out sooner than expected, contact your line provider to see if there's a problem with the server. If you get no response, then you will need to cut your losses & get a line from somewhere else.

You can ask for recommendations in this thread:-

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-satellite-cccam-pay-server-request-only.html

Fella sounds like the gift that you bought is dogdey look on here there's plenty of people on here for gifts just get one month to month that's what I do as I got ripped off on flea bay it's so annoying

And how much you paying? I paid £20 for a 12month gift on ebay and it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Ive had it for 8months so it's been value for money so far.

I contacted the seller and he said the following: "Recently there have been frequency changes with HD channels by ***. Please note they are doing a system update in the next couple of weeks and due to this many channels will be going off and for this a quick fix and to keep all coverage is to download the channel list from www.*************"

Is this just a lie, or a fact? i downloaded the newest channels and it made no difference.

Last edited:
I just joined and wish to thank all the contributors to this thread. I was having scrambled channel issues on a working C line until I read this thread. It turned out that I had a collection of old CCcam files filling up space in my Cam config section and the same for .prio files. Once I deleted all of those and added the new config and prio files, everything worked without a glitch for the first time in months. I hope that may help someone else and thanks again for helping me. Much appreciated.

Hi

Also having an issue with scrambled channels. Can someone PM me with a better server?
Thanks in advance!

Back