skyNEW Skin Modding Thread

<widget source="Event" render="Label" position="60,117" size="815,147" font="Regular; 24" zPosition="3" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" valign="top">
<convert type="EventName">ExtendedDescription</convert>
think someone would need to add scrolling to this in skin.xml

6408 <widget source="Event" render="RunningText" options="movetype=running,startpoint=0,direction=top,steptime=100,repeat=0,always=0,oneshot=0,startdelay=7000,wrap" position="60,117" size="815,147" font="Regular; 24" zPosition="3" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" valign="top">
<convert type="EventName">ExtendedDescription</convert>
that works for scolling with epg importer
was going to upload video but wont let me

Thanks I'll give that a go once I'm back in the house. Couldn't get crossepg to work it just kept failing to parse on the Rytec xml.

ok guys i dont know what you are all using to edit chabas skin but seeing as its based on openpli and noe openvix format you can use open skin designer

upload_2017-3-13_22-25-20.png

Does anybody fancy having a go at changing the movieplayer info bar? Not a fan of it displaying the description and would rather just have the standard info bar with whats being watched and time remaining.

Had a quick go myself using OpenSkin but wasn't didn't do a very good job as I'm not a coder.

epg.jpg

I have just got round to using chabs new sky skin and liking it alot. On chabs skyNEW skin thread (post 1) the graphical epg thumbnail shows no info & menu buttons (bottom right hand corner)
While mine (screenshot above) shows info & menu buttons I would like to remove these two buttons while still keeping there functionally. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Open /usr/share/enigma2/skyNEW/

and make a copy of skin.xml (in case changes break something)

Open skin.xml

Search for
<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG"
around line 5958

Then around lines 6036 and 6037 are these two lines
<ePixmap position="1130,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_menu.png" alphatest="blend" zPosition="5" />
<ePixmap position="1070,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_info.png" alphatest="blend" />

and replace with:
<!-- <ePixmap position="1130,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_menu.png" alphatest="blend" zPosition="5" /> -->
<!-- <ePixmap position="1070,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_info.png" alphatest="blend" /> -->

Make sure you don't replace anything else.
Save the file and restart the box.

The line numbers above are based on the default layout bring used. If you want to change the alternative layout too, search for the same things but the line numbers will be different.

Open /usr/share/enigma2/skyNEW/

and make a copy of skin.xml (in case changes break something)

Open skin.xml

Search for
<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG"
around line 5958

Then around lines 6036 and 6037 are these two lines
<ePixmap position="1130,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_menu.png" alphatest="blend" zPosition="5" />
<ePixmap position="1070,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_info.png" alphatest="blend" />

and replace with:
<!-- <ePixmap position="1130,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_menu.png" alphatest="blend" zPosition="5" /> -->
<!-- <ePixmap position="1070,664" size="50,24" pixmap="skyNEW/icons/key_info.png" alphatest="blend" /> -->

Make sure you don't replace anything else.
Save the file and restart the box.

The line numbers above are based on the default layout bring used. If you want to change the alternative layout too, search for the same things but the line numbers will be different.

Thanks for the quick reply wooshman, all sorted

Does anybody fancy having a go at changing the movieplayer info bar? Not a fan of it displaying the description and would rather just have the standard info bar with whats being watched and time remaining.
Had a quick go myself using OpenSkin but wasn't didn't do a very good job as I'm not a coder.

For default layout: backup skin.xml
Open skin.xml
Find:
<screen name="MoviePlayer"
and make a note of the line number
Now find the next occurrence of:
</screen>

Replace with the contents of the attached file, save skin.xml and restart your box.
If you are using a skin editor yo ucould be able to select the moviePlayer screen and replace it all with the attached file contents.

I have taken this screen from WooshBuild and changed the folder name so shout work.

Attachments

• movieplayer-skin-mod.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 68
Having problems with cron timer AutoStart, everthing works as it should manually (menu - setup - vix - script runner)

but i am having no joy with timers. Any help would be appreciated

Problem Sorted

Last edited:
For default layout: backup skin.xml
Open skin.xml
Find:
<screen name="MoviePlayer"
and make a note of the line number
Now find the next occurrence of:
</screen>

Replace with the contents of the attached file, save skin.xml and restart your box.
If you are using a skin editor yo ucould be able to select the moviePlayer screen and replace it all with the attached file contents.

I have taken this screen from WooshBuild and changed the folder name so shout work.

Thanks Woosh, after you're help I've now managed to get it looking how I wanted, screenshots below if anybody is interested?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Back