skyNEW Skin

Hi Chabs, what amends do I need to make to epgselection for red button to read record instead of catch up tv

*Edit* No worries my son has sorted it, thanks

Last edited:
How did you change the red button on the epg to record rather than catch up? Love to be able to do this also
thanks I'd appreciate that
Right, he's not too sure what he did and I am using openvix now. What he recalls is in user/lib/enigma2/python/screens/epgselection.py he opened this up to edit used 'replace' to find 'catchupTV' and he changed that to 'Record'
give it a go but back up your files just in case. Chabs may be able to send you an edited epgselection.py if you ask him nicely!!!

We are sorting an update for the skyQ skin then working on this skin...

Update will be done hopefully b4 easter holidays...
I briefly switched to the VM skin but much prefer this tbf. Keep up the good work[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Right, he's not too sure what he did and I am using openvix now. What he recalls is in user/lib/enigma2/python/screens/epgselection.py he opened this up to edit used 'replace' to find 'catchupTV' and he changed that to 'Record'
give it a go but back up your files just in case. Chabs may be able to send you an edited epgselection.py if you ask him nicely!!!

thanks ...Sounds a bit complicated.

Chabs has stated below that a updated version will be released after Easter...Think i may hang on until then. I too am using openvix it is much smoother.

Thanks again.

Chabs has stated below that a updated version will be released after Easter...Think i may hang on until then. I too am using openvix it is much smoother.

Thanks again.

Try menu : usage gui : hotkey

Then press red and find record in the drop down menu. (Away from box so can be more specific, sorry)

Thanks again.

Thanks

Thanks again.

Hi Managed to do it with ease! Thanks for your help! Just a note had to Search for 'Catch Up TV' with the spaces and replaced with Record.

I even changed Planner to Recordings

Thanks again.

ok so ive installed crossepg and done what i think is correct on the settings but when i click epg on my remote i just keep getting the old openatv epg? i dont get the epg that looks like the skyNEW skin i have installed?

All the other skin is working fine just the epg part?

quick question but when i go to EPG and planner, the skin swithes to a slight different look? can you now have it look as the EPG to select files?

Back