1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sly broadband glitching/freezing

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by No1gooner, Dec 19, 2016.

1. No1gooner

No1gooner TK Veteran

Anyone using sly broadband or other isp's had any glitching/freezing issues the last few days?

2. daleh43

daleh43 Registered

Male
    I'm on sly basic fibre unlimited and noticed a few glitches which i never or rarely got, i changed dns to google and its been the dogs doodaahs since:)

3. No1gooner

No1gooner TK Veteran

I already use google dns, been hearing a few saying that there are some issues with servers at the moment, and another provider say that he knew about the issue and it was mainly affecting his customers with sly broadband, just wondering if there was any truth in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. daleh43

daleh43 Registered

Male
    Mines been fine, fingers crossed

5. Kevyn87

Kevyn87 Registered

Where do you do this on the box?

6. RM1989

RM1989 Registered

I think you would choose a public dns on your router settings - not your sat box. Type public dns in google and theres loads of instructions.

7. daleh43

daleh43 Registered

Male
    look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCm1FWradfo

8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Only seems to be on cashe servers

9. RM1989

RM1989 Registered

What only seems to be on cache servers? The spotty lines for sky users you mean? My line provider recently moved DNS cause some clever clogs leaked the address online and I've had users reporting issues since.

10. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Yes the glittching lines,No issues with servers using real cards

11. cjs281279

cjs281279 Registered

Hi, i have 2x active lines. I got another one recently has i was getting pretty bad glitching during big sports events. Last night i was having problems again, and when i went into the cccam folder, it shown both lines, "offline". What does this indicate? Both providers are sharing the same cache and not using local cards?

12. userlee5267

userlee5267 Registered

Mines gone to shit. Was good for a few days. Now I get a black screen for between 5 and 10 minutes then I have to restart cam then wait a little more then they clear. What is this kind of fault? Its not glitching its just going blank. The provider just says restart router blah blah blah ok this end

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 AM ----------

Oh and the lines been recommended from alot on here. Apprently alotnof people use them on here and it was a small private server. Had more luck with ebay gifts

13. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    That must be the bedroom server mentioned in another post,Get a test line off another provider and see how it goes

14. userlee5267

userlee5267 Registered

What post is that?

15. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    On another thread from the other day.