SLY Lines OR VM Lines

werlay

Hello Guys,
I have searched this entire forum but i have'nt got good explanation. i have always been dealing with the 2s and h2s, so h2h and h2 is kinda new to me. i'm setting up this h2 and i have got everything going (so i thought). the sly side works with all channels going good but on the vM side i only got about 4 sd channels working. i read further on the forum and i think it has to do with the c-lines and n-lines am using. the line works well with sly but not vm. what it seems from what i've been reading is that a SLY n-line/c-line is different from a VM c-line/n-line. i have got 2 c-lines and 2 n-lines which are confirmed working (at least with sly). the prob is they dont't work with my VM cable side. so do i need a different C-line or N-line as the case may be for my VM cable side?
cheerz

where most people fail is they mix their lines,thats a big no no.
stick to one type of clines for cable and sat so 1 cam 2.30 is used for both.
nlines for cable and sat using mgcamd 1.38

cable line if not working make sure the dozy git sent your correct area. uk and irl differ.

where most people fail is they mix their lines,thats a big no no.
stick to one type of clines for cable and sat so 1 cam 2.30 is used for both.
nlines for cable and sat using mgcamd 1.38

cable line if not working make sure the dozy git sent your correct area. uk and irl differ.

Cheerz brov, but I get what you mean by "so 1 cam 2.30 is used for both.
nlines for cable and sat using mgcamd 1.38"
Am not asking you to breaks the nuts for me, I just want an explanation in a way a noob will understand

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to use both cable and sat at the same time with both cam 230 and mgcamd working together. With seprate lines for each.

Werlay, No you cannot run two different cams at once.
you can put both a C line and N line into the same cam though.

werlay, no you cannot run two different cams at once.
You can put both a c line and n line into the same cam though.

if understand you correctly, i can't use two n-lines OR C-LINES together in the ccam. It has to a c-line and a n-line?

Last edited:
Basically if you haven't purchased any lines yet then then it's best to buy say 2 C lines or 2 N lines. If however (like me) you started out just with a sat connection C line and then bought a N line for cable this is where it gets a bit tricky as you need to put both lines into 1 cam. If you need more info on this let me know otherwise try and stick with 2 x same line.
Or to totally confuse you buy a dual sat & cable line, there out there

Cheerz mate i, actually got it now. I've got a c-line for sat and n-line for cable. I put both in the same cam and they both work now.

Back