small house fire

cactikid

VIP Member
Looking at a video of a fire test by a fireman with a fire coming from an oven and trying to put it out and he used a large bottle of coke cap removed and thumb over the top and shook it very hard and directed to the flames which put it out.How many of us have fizzy drinks in the fridge and not know what to do,hmm i did have a fire blanket and fire extinguisher around but where are they when you need them.How long does it take to fill water containers to throw on non electrical fires and much longer than opening a bottle,would tins work but more needed.
Might be a help to someone to keep safe.

Looking at a video of a fire test by a fireman with a fire coming from an oven and trying to put it out and he used a large bottle of coke cap removed and thumb over the top and shook it very hard and directed to the flames which put it out.How many of us have fizzy drinks in the fridge and not know what to do,hmm i did have a fire blanket and fire extinguisher around but where are they when you need them.How long does it take to fill water containers to throw on non electrical fires and much longer than opening a bottle,would tins work but more needed.
Might be a help to someone to keep safe.

fizzy drinks work better for a couple of reasons
the carbon dioxide starves the fire of oxygen
shaking it causes it to come out under pressure thus spreading it over more of the heat and cooling it faster
3 things required for a fire
heat
fuel
oxygen
remove any one element and the fire goes out,
fizzy drink combats the fire on two fronts, heat and oxygen, water only on one, heat

My autistic lad set fire to our kitchen---2 fire tenders and 12 firemen to put the blaze out.They used foam and water plus fire blanket---the fire was soon under control but the UPVC window frames were the hardest to quench----wish I had some colo or something then----just had to make do standing around with a bottle of lager in my hand--you don't waste that on fires LOL.
Reaper.

Have you seen the price of a bottle of coke these days

Keep a few bottles Lidl or Tesco’s cheapest on hand

ohhh a big mess that was with a kitchen fire

Just over 8000pounds for total rebuild and refit---insurance weedled its' way out of a lot due to fire being an act of deliberation---but we coped and still have our arsonist and very grateful to the fire service.
Reaper.

At least no one was hurt, hopefully. You can replace a kitchen but not one of the kids. I bet the air was blue though when it happened.

Well to tell you the truth--I'm fairly laid back but my wife is a petite , very pretty demure dumb blonde where butter wouldn't melt in her mouth but----she's from Yorkshire and I discovered that she doesn't have a limited vocabulary for swearing which raised a few eyebrows around the neighbours LOL
But, my autistic boy is 23, not a kid, with the mentality of an 8 year old so we don't blame him plus now its been a few months and we needed an excuse to decorate---so all's well in the end.
Reaper.

Back