Smart IPTV EPG

RoverTheDog

Hi, does anyone know how to get a working EPG on Smart IPTV app? I had a test sub with bad EPG but the guy fixed it the next day. My current provider has a sparse EPG but doesnt seem to know how to, or cant be bothered to get it running. Is it possible (if easy enough) that I could do it from my end, or is it down to the supplier end? If its supplier end, is it easy enough so I can let the supplier know how?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know how to get a working EPG on Smart IPTV app? I had a test sub with bad EPG but the guy fixed it the next day. My current provider has a sparse EPG but doesnt seem to know how to, or cant be bothered to get it running. Is it possible (if easy enough) that I could do it from my end, or is it down to the supplier end? If its supplier end, is it easy enough so I can let the supplier know how?

Thanks
Hi Rover,

If you go to you tube and look for solo man .He will explain it to you better than I can.

Thanks. Is there a specific video you mean on soloman, or just in general? I've had a look around on his vids and cant see anything guiding towards getting the epg working on the app.

I have full epg through my guy on the smart app,He is just another reseller i expect
Yeah, I had a full epg on the app from a test line I got. Initially it wasnt showing a good epg, notifying the seller and had it working the next day. So I'm sure it cant be that hard to do...just cant get my seller to fix it. Which is why I was wondering if I could somehow do it from my end. I'd far prefer him to do it though, as I cant be arsed with the messing about :(

When I get the m3u link from my provider I need to get one called m3u with options, not sure if this is different between provides, basically if you open your m3u file in a notepad and it's just a channel name and link it probably won't have an epg. To have the epg each channel has to have a link and an epg link. 100% new to iptv so I might be totally wrong, but when I used the m3u file I would have know epg, when I switched to the m3u with options file
I did.

Get a decent supplier if you have not signed up for to long to your current 1 they will give you 1 link you will have now and next plus 24 hr full epg UK/USA

Have seen many systems and EPG is not great on any of them at the moment but I,m sure over time it will improve.It is not as easy as satt EPG,it is quite complicated to set up but now everyone is going to iptv i.m sure
it wont be long before it improves.I have looked at mac and m3u suppliers but for me mac address is far more secure as m3u links use username and passwords and change constantly,mac does not.

Have seen many systems and EPG is not great on any of them at the moment but I,m sure over time it will improve.It is not as easy as satt EPG,it is quite complicated to set up but now everyone is going to iptv i.m sure
it wont be long before it improves.I have looked at mac and m3u suppliers but for me mac address is far more secure as m3u links use username and passwords and change constantly,mac does not.
I have full epg running on all my boxes exactly the same as it is for satellite,7 day epg and recording,Need to look around for a decent supplier with a script

You can convert your playlist to the .txt file on there site and add the epg codes.
With smart iptv app it uses there epg codes

You can convert your playlist to the .txt file on there site and add the epg codes.
With smart iptv app it uses there epg codes
I have opened the file with text and can see info. Can you show an example of how to add epg code to this file and where? I have looked at the IPTV site and its shows epg info, but its incomprehensible...I dont understand the useragent thing.

I have opened the file with text and can see info. Can you show an example of how to add epg code to this file and where? I have looked at the IPTV site and its shows epg info, but its incomprehensible...I dont understand the useragent thing.
1st part is the epg code followed by channel name and then your server channel link.

BTSport1.uk,BT Sports 1 HD,http://iptv.********/live/(username)/(password)/374.ts

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1st part is the epg code followed by channel name and then your server channel link.

BTSport1.uk,BT Sports 1 HD,http://iptv.madnlooney.co.uk/live/(username)/(password)/374.ts

Thanks for the help, but I dont think being able to do this is possible for me o_O

I've had a quick check on the text and each part/channel line starts with "#EXTINF:-1" ...am I in the correct file? Theres a ton more stuff in each line than what you showed, so again, not sure I'm in the right place. So, I thought I would find and check the difference with a channel line that HAS an epg, and one that doesnt. So chose Discover History (EPG showing) and Discovery History +1 (Not Showing EPG). I can see no difference between them that could account for one showing epg and the other not showing it. Neither does the the one showing epg have "DiscoveryHistory.uk" anywhere in the text :grimacing:

Thanks for the help, but I dont think being able to do this is possible for me o_O

I've had a quick check on the text and each part/channel line starts with "#EXTINF:-1" ...am I in the correct file? Theres a ton more stuff in each line than what you showed, so again, not sure I'm in the right place. So, I thought I would find and check the difference with a channel line that HAS an epg, and one that doesnt. So chose Discover History (EPG showing) and Discovery History +1 (Not Showing EPG). I can see no difference between them that could account for one showing epg and the other not showing it. Neither does the the one showing epg have "DiscoveryHistory.uk" anywhere in the text :grimacing:
it looks like you have the .m3u for there.
you can convert it on their site
http://siptv.eu/converter/

select convert local find your file and it will convert it to a .txt in their format

Great, I think that is looking good now. So I have added the epg codes for documentaries into the text. How do I convert back to m3u please?
yes that's right just add your epg codes.
you don't need to convert it back to m3u. you can upload that file.

Back