smarters throttling?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
this is one i haven't seen before.

running smarters on a shield.

i know in app speed tests aren't particularly great but i was having a play earlier.

fresh restart of smarters, no channel used.

speedtest less than 10meg.

turn on vpn, speedtest hitting 80meg plus.

:unsure:

i know in app speed tests aren't particularly great but i was having a play earlier.

Have you tried another app to see whether it's the app being throttled or the connection to server?

Have you tried another app to see whether it's the app being throttled or the connection to server?
yep, also tried a non smarters app, was doing exactly the same, no speedtest built in but buffering was present.

really strange considering no stream had been connected previously.

not seen this before, hopefully not a sign of things to come. its fine if you are au fait with vpn use but a lot of people can barely use an app let alone use a vpn.

In that case, your ISP is either intentionally throttling speed to that server (unlikely, as I would have thought they'd block instead) or they have a routing issue to that server. The latter is more likely IMO.

I read somewhere that some ISPs can detect when your streaming and will throttle your connection.

yep, also tried a non smarters app, was doing exactly the same, no speedtest built in but buffering was present.

really strange considering no stream had been connected previously.

not seen this before, hopefully not a sign of things to come. its fine if you are au fait with vpn use but a lot of people can barely use an app let alone use a vpn.
Is there alot of other traffic in the household, such as kids on facetime and playing online?

wouldn't the speed test be to smarters servers not the url servers?
normally these things work by downloading a file and uploading a file.
do you have another speedtest app on the shield? you could test with / without a vpn.

Change the user agent name in settings from iptvSmartersPlayer to something completely different. Just a thought.

If you are using moded apps you can get issues because the panel is normally hosted on cheap vps servers.

Another issue app devs are having problems actually finding places to host app panels so it's actually better to buy from offical sources now.

Could it be Sheild issue rather than an app or ISP issue? Can you try installing Smarters on your phone and doing a speed test?

Back