software up date

jibbbbbb

hi all , just been checking my box software and I'm a long way behind I'm on 3.2.036 and looking at world of sat the newest software is 4.2.009 which ive downloaded to image manager when I install it it takes me back to set up box all over again which I'm dreading doing ... I've got quite a few images backed up so I've just restored it to 3.2.036 ... is there any way I can just install 4.2 and keep all my own setting ie my lines really don't want to have to go though starting all over many thanks looking forward to your replys

It isn't recommended restoring settings on a completely different build. Which 4 from 3 is.You could go through the entire setup process click restore settings and your box might crash. So you will have to do it all again.
For the 10 mins it takes to go through the settings, that is by far the best option.

thank you for your reply , so it looks like I'm going to have to do it all again I just cant remember how to do it and I cant remember some of the codes I need ie area code for Birmingham

hello mate , your still on here then hows you, just been looking at bees guide ,and what do you mean by netid thread , sorry mate ain't been on for a long while as ever think has been running fantastic , thanks to folk on here cheers ,, sorry mate been looking in netid thread and I can't seem to find any think in there about mine

Last edited:
Back