Software updates

Nice work dsayers
I saw your posts on the openatv github too
It might be worth linking to that so people can fix their clock displays too

I'll leave it for atv to fix it because if I give out the py versions when there's an ota update for it they won't get it because ota updates download the pyo versions and the py version will overwrite it so they wouldn't receive future updates on vfd clock

Can you not share the fixed .pyo from your box so people who want to fix their display can use it now and still get the new update when it arrives?

Yes I can but I'm out for a while unless someone else wants to do it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 AM ----------

Another temporary fix is to install permanent clock vfd from plugins it's in extensions

For clock not working on front display panel

For clock not working ftp usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins /VFDcontrol save plugin.pyo to desktop or somewhere safe.

Now download and unzip plugin.pyo.zip and ftp plugin.pyo to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDcontrol reboot box and the time should be displaying correctly.

If you have reboot issues or other errors re ftp the original plugin.pyo that we saved earlier back to VFDcontrol and reboot box

Attachments

• plugin.pyo.zip
    5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
just a warning to people the latest online update can cause the box to not boot up due to busybox being upgraded.

Yea seen that myself
but have noticed the to button not working or is that only me
and I have lost all channels that are not in favs, even that I don't have anything in favs but entertainment is there
and lost EPG tabs

more to add the channels are there I can get them from openwebif, but not from the box itself
a wee project tomorrow after work

got home last night
refreshed and updated

tabs still worked
all channels and bouquets still there
tv button didnt work, so when in and changed the setting for the button to something different, then it worked then put it back to what i had and it worked

Atv have reverted channel numbers on epg again I'm not going to bother to try again if they can't find work arounds with these so called bugs I'm not going to bother creating pull request.

Atv have reverted channel numbers on epg again I'm not going to bother to try again if they can't find work arounds with these so called bugs I'm not going to bother creating pull request.

i might have missed it, but what is this bug?

Not sure someone reported a crash so rather than looking for a fix they reverted it.

Have a look here
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/pull/546

Look through the comments it doesn't go into detail just a report on the crash log. I submitted channel numbers a few months ago and they reverted it ie removed the edits so I cleaned up the code and submitted again. I'm not doing it a 3rd time it works for my image so I'll leave it.

As it describes add optional channel numbers on graphical epg via epg settings rather than having to use custom.xml or abe2 so snp picons can be used.

ah right... i was starting to wonder what it was about it, as i have channel numbers on the EPG, but that'll be ABM xml file.
works for me that way so not much on an issue.

Back